United Way of Salt Lake (UWSL) is changing the way organizations, communities, schools, governments, and individuals work to fix complex social problems. Together, we can help every child and family succeed at school and life. UWSL’s workplace is fast-paced, friendly, adaptive, and grounded in our core values: relationships, continuous improvement, results, and innovation. We offer competitive compensation including a comprehensive benefit package, generous paid time off, and flexible schedules. People with diverse backgrounds and abilities are encouraged to apply. Join us in changing the world, and giving everyone in our community the opportunity to live their best life.
The Vice President of Marketing and Communications is responsible for overseeing all UWSL’s marketing and communication functions. This includes the planning, development and execution of the organization’s marketing, advertising, public relations, and communications strategies. This position also oversees all creative projects, organizational branding and messaging, and helps direct annual event strategy. This role will serve as a key member of the leadership team. The ideal candidate is an experienced leader with demonstrated success in defining marketing campaigns and developing executable communications plans to support organizational goals and objectives.
- Act as a thought-leader and change-agent across all aspects of marketing: communications, digital marketing, public relations, messaging and brand, creative services, content marketing and events.
- Continuously develop and evolve our brand to differentiate and elevate UWSL as a systems-change leader across community sectors including business, education, government, and the broader community.
- Be an expert at writing compelling content and simplifying complex concepts and data into content for all communications channels – social, email, web, etc.
- Lead a team of marketers to drive key business metrics including leads, donor prospects, donations, and engagement.
- Collaborate with the resource development team to create a marketing plan and annual individual giving multi-channel strategy to achieve quarterly and annual revenue goals.
- Develop brand communication strategies that reflect the vision of UWSL that result in integrated marketing executions and multi-channel communications.
- Successfully use analytics, market research, communication, advertising, public relations, and digital marketing to generate profitable leads, donations, and grow community partnerships.
- Lead all marketing projects including research reports, collateral, donor and strategic communications, online campaigns, targeted marketing, and multimedia.
- Manage the strategy and creation of all branding, website content, public relations, social media and marketing campaigns and serve as a key content writer and editor for the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Understands all facets of marketing and communications, duties and responsibilities, keeps job knowledge current.
- Builds and leads strong teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals
- Develops people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals
- Paints a compelling picture of the vision and strategy that motivates others into action.
- Maneuvers comfortably through complex policy, process and people related organizational dynamics.
- Adapts approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations
- Recognizes the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organization.
- 5-7 years of experience in CRM-marketing, segmentation, targeting, and lead-generation
- 2-3 years of experience in leadership role
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in marketing, communication, or related degree
- Proficient with Microsoft suite
- Experience with Salesforce and Marketing Cloud strongly preferred
- Demonstrated experience using data to drive strategic and creative decisions
- Experience with fundraising teams and an understanding of the connection between marketing, demand/lead generation, and revenue growth preferred
The employee is regularly required to communicate clearly, and exchange accurate information interpersonally or through communication devices. Must be able to learn new systems and procedures, prepare and analyze data and figures, constantly operate a computer and other standard office machinery. Must be able to remain in a stationary position 65% of the time. The position requires occasional movement on- and offsite to prepare for events and must have the ability to move, position, or install objects weighing up to 30lbs.
This is a full-time, exempt position with complete benefits. Salary to commensurate with experience.