We’re more than fundraisers. We’re the hand-raisers and waymakers. We go looking for the tough issues in our community, and with your help, we go solve them. United Way of Greater Kansas City unites donors, volunteers, businesses, nonprofits and community leaders to help change the lives of those in need. We are making Kansas City and the surrounding area better…100 years and counting. Join us.
United Way of Greater Kansas City seeks a Vice President of Information Technology. The VP of I.T. will oversee the organization's information technology infrastructure, including hardware, software, network, security, and data management systems, including conference room audio-visual systems and technology. This position will ensure the delivery of high-quality, cost-effective technology solutions that align with the organization's mission and goals.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Evaluate the organization’s existing IT systems, policies and procedures; develop and implement a strategy for transitioning into a new office space in late 2023.
- Ensure the organization's IT infrastructure is secure, stable, and cost-effective.
- Oversee the development, implementation, and maintenance of hardware, software, and network systems.
- Develop and maintain disaster recovery and business continuity plans.
- Collaborate with other departments to identify technology needs and develop solutions to improve operations and efficiency.
- Manage vendor relationships and negotiate contracts for IT products and services.
- Monitor and analyze technology trends, identify opportunities for improvement and innovation, and recommend solutions to the executive team.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements related to IT and data management.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field preferred or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of experience in IT management, with at least 5 years in a leadership role.
- Experience managing an IT team and/or vendors for a nonprofit organization, educational institution or small business.
- Experience developing and implementing IT strategy and policies.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with other departments and stakeholders.
- Experience with conference room and/or classroom A/V.
- Experience with Microsoft 365, Microsoft Teams and Azure Active Directory preferred.
Flexibility: UWGKC is evolving with our changing external landscape and currently works in a hybrid environment. Meetings, events and donor engagement will be done both virtually and in-person, as the situation deems necessary. Flexibility is a key attribute for this position. A willingness to take on additional duties to ensure the success of the team is essential.
Compensation and Benefits: United Way of Kansas City offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, benefits package including full health and dental coverage; “unlimited flexible” vacation; 403(b) with company match; flexible office culture; employee development opportunities and a hybrid work environment.