Tampa or Bradenton, FL (Hybrid Work Environment)
Why United Way Suncoast?
Do you want to be part of a non-profit organization that makes a difference in your community? Do you want to be part of a passionate team focused on improving the lives of others? Now is your opportunity! United Way Suncoast is seeking a Vice President, Individual Philanthropy. The Vice President, Individual Philanthropy develops, socializes, and executes donor-centered strategies to build a robust pipeline of diverse individual donors and prospects.
We're asking you to embrace a movement that gives people the freedom to rise. In return, you'll be embraced by colleagues that will appreciate every contribution you make.
Our team members enjoy a work environment built on transparency and trust. There are many growth opportunities including the ability to learn about and contribute to efforts across the organization. We offer a competitive total rewards package including shortened benefit eligibility periods, several weeks of PTO, and no cost medical and dental options to name a few!
Objectives & Responsibilities:
- Significantly contributes to strategy development, and leads operational planning, implementation and evaluation while providing oversight and coaching to support day-to-day operations.
- Serves as the point of contact and relationship manager within an assigned portfolio of accounts, maintaining a focus on maximizing revenue, building donor loyalty and confidence, and implementing UWS’s community impact objectives.
- Prepares data-based reports to measure progress and accurately projects annual and multi-year revenue of assigned portfolio.
- Prepares research and materials to support the development of individual, foundation, and/or workplace donations.
- Collaborates cross-functionally to support volunteers, cabinets, societies, and provide experiences that demonstrate the work and mission of United Way Suncoast.
- Manages donor recognition for assigned portfolio(s). Prepares written acknowledgements of donations and impact reports.
- Makes new pipeline opportunities including community foundation grants. Collaborates to oversee estate settlements, probates and fiduciary matters pertaining to assets and gifts.
- Accurately maintains donor data in the CRM system(s).
- Supports affinity group, leadership society, and signature event logistics, programming, calendar management, and promotions.
- Collaborates to coordinate the creation of branded collateral for affinity groups. Internally promotes the benefits of volunteers being a part of affinity groups.
- Serve as an external representative of United Way Suncoast’s mission, vision, and values by participating in committees, serving as spokesperson, and creating and delivering presentations to present key messages on the local, regional, and national platform
- Hires, trains, supervises, and coaches team members and volunteers to ensure program goals are achieved, and to provide outstanding internal and external customer service.
- Leads elements of budgeting and forecasting; identifies and manages needed people, financial, equipment, and other resources.
- Embodies and consistently reinforces Our Suncoast Code and Values including applicable elements of leading self, team, and organization.
- Develops, refines, and facilitates processes improvements, increased efficiencies, and achievement of goals and objectives.
Qualifications and Skills for Success:
- 10 or more years of relevant experience; local experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- CFRE preferred.
- Ability to work and drive extensively in the field within the Suncoast region.
- Bilingual or multilingual (English/Spanish/Creole) a plus.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
- Behaviors reflect a belief that individuals from diverse backgrounds lead to a more successful organization.
- Educates oneself about DEI issues within the organization and community.
- Demonstrates a willingness to become aware of and address one’s own implicit biases.
- Deliberately works to include individuals from underrepresented backgrounds in efforts both internally and externally as appropriate.
- Identifies and integrates the tools and resources needed to create more equitable environments.