The Vice President, Global Corporate Partnerships is responsible for leading and growing United Way Worldwide’s Global Corporate Partnership program. Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, the Vice President will be provide strategic leadership and management to a 7+ person team dedicated to building new partnerships and strengthening and stewarding existing partnerships, while growing annual revenue from corporate donors for United Way Worldwide’s work. This role is critical in raising more than $1 billion annually across a portfolio of nearly 100 global corporations and helping to build the capacity of the global network of 1,100 United Ways and deepen engagement with corporate donors.
In addition, the Vice President of Global Corporate Partnerships is responsible for partnering across the network with key local United Way (UW) leaders to execute strategic corporate partnerships.
This leader will work at a strategic level, building relationships with C-Suite level executives across the Global Corporate Leadership (GCL) portfolio, as well as with local market United Ways.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF POSITION
- Serve as the primary fundraiser and account lead to the overall relationship of a portfolio of 10 + global relationships at the Worldwide office
- Lead and create global corporate fundraising strategies; including philanthropic grant giving, cause marketing, employee engagement, stewardship; and responsible for driving opportunities and addressing revenue shifts in strategy.
- Set corporate revenue goals and staff accountabilities aligned to enterprise revenue goals.
- Strategically lead and staff the Global Corporate Advisory Council (GCL) to deepen engagement of United Way Worldwide’s (UWW) corporate partners.
- Develop and implement new business development plan and quickly adapt that plan as new opportunities and challenges emerge using advanced problem solving and process improvement.
- Drive corporate fundraising performance through managing team of 7+ staff member to meet and exceed annual fundraising targets.
- Understand and grow the strategic goals of UWW to drive revenue to fuel the Global office and corresponding local United Ways
- Partner with Global Network Team to identify funding opportunities to present to identified corporate donors for support.
- Work collaboratively with local United Ways as appropriate (Headquarter City, etc.) to build strong multi-facet relationships with key corporate partners and to activate corporate partnerships across the enterprise.
Minimum requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree required in business or a related field.
- Ten years+ experience in a similar leadership role; must include advance-level fundraising, or sales for Fortune 500 companies.
- Senior level customer relationship management in a corporate environment would be excellent additional experience
- Previous advanced work experience with multiple United Ways and/or relevant non-profit or corporate organizations.
- Commitment to the mission of UWW.
- Salesforce or other donor data management system knowledge and use.
- 35-50% travel is expected.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities and skills. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable disabled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
Note: If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted. Thank you.
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE
United Way Worldwide seeks diverse, qualified professionals who want to make a difference in the world. If you are passionate about your work and desire to help others achieve enhanced education, income, and health, United Way Worldwide is the place for you.
United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, veteran status, marital status, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, and other legally protected characteristics, in accordance with applicable laws. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please e-mail Jennifer.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-683-7874 and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni to apply.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA. We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including: health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability, employee assistance program, 403(b) plan, tuition assistance, paid time off, family sick leave, medical appointment leave, parental/adoption leave, dress for your day, free parking, onsite gym, monthly volunteering opportunities, and more.
Our salary range for this position is $150,000 to $200,000. Actual salary in this range to be paid will be determined by prior experience and skills.
Please provide us with your salary requirements when applying for this positon.
UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE’S DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION STATEMENT OF PRINCIPLE
We take the broadest possible view of diversity.
We value the visible and invisible qualities that make you who you are.
We welcome that every person brings a unique perspective and experience to advance our mission and progress our fight for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community.
We believe that each United Way community member, donor, volunteer, advocate, and employee must have equal access to solving community problems.
We strive to include diversity, equity, and inclusion practices at the center of our daily work.
We commit to using these practices for our business and our communities.
Join us in embracing diversity, equity and inclusion for every person in every community.