The Vice President, Global Brand Strategy position is a newly created role that will be essential in helping United Way Worldwide refine, build, and bring to life a cohesive United Way brand. As such we’re looking for an experienced brand leader with international experience to champion our brand and help us take our organization to new audiences in 2023 and beyond.
This role reports into the Chief Marketing Officer, working closely with Communications, Digital, Marketing, Development and Creative teams.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF POSITION
An individual must be collaborative and able to perform each essential duty listed below at a satisfactory level:
The VP, Global Brand Strategy will:
- Oversee United Way global brand strategy and ensures it acts as a tool to elevate organizational awareness and increase engagement, advance advocacy and fundraising goals.
- Manage United Way brand and messaging, ensuring alignment and consistency of messaging that supports global brand positioning.
- Supervise and lead a team of brand marketing professionals
Brand Marketing Strategy:
- Oversee and maintain brand integrity across internal and external marketing and communications efforts.
- Partner closely with the Marketing Leadership team to inform the development of content, messaging, campaigns, and experiences that educate and activate donors, funders and prospects and strategic partners.
- Oversee the development and execution of campaigns (e.g., seasonal, promotional) that drive awareness and engagement, including establishing and tracking metrics
- Advise and support cross-functional teams in developing audience-centric theories of change that support brand, advocacy, and fundraising goals.
- Manage, with partnership from United Way Brand Council(s) and Network Membership Accountability Team, brand compliance, including establishing regular brand audit processes.
- Expand and strengthen influencer engagement program (including Global Brand Ambassadors)
- Build a brand ambassador mentality across all staff and advance an organization wide shared understanding of the attitudes, behaviors, values, and interests of both current and future supporters
- Responsible for developing the annual marketing strategies to drive targeted engagement with and support of the global United Way network.
- Support the execution of cause marketing partnership and opportunities to engage new audiences and drive brand positioning.
- Perform audits of the market research landscape to develop brand metrics and better utilize existing audience research and data.
- Socialize and interpret existing research to identify the data gaps and opportunities to guide further market research.
- Stay abreast of professional standards, trends and issues affecting this set of responsibilities, demonstrating continuous learning of the field.
- Must have a proven ability to translate data and insights into actionable strategies.
- Stay abreast of key trends, conduct competitive audits and market research to inform decision making.
Minimum requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience.
- 15 years of relevant communications experience, expert-level experience in global marketing or a similar role.
- 10 years of experience in a leadership role.
- Ideal candidate will also have material international experience
- Demonstrated global marketing functional transformational experience at scale - i.e., integrating acquired companies, and creating commonality across fragmented functions
- Inspirational leadership style and hands-on approach to helping the team win•
- Proven ability to develop and champion a marketing and campaign strategy that is rooted in data and delivers on business goals
- Experience across a mix of marketing channels and deep understanding of how and when to implement them to achieve marketing objectives
- An operational thinker who can translate company strategy and goals into a schema for campaign planning and execution
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities and skills. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable disabled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
We have established a salary range of $185,000.00 to $200,000.00 for this position. Specific pay is determined by your experience in that range. Highly recommend applicants include salary requirements when completing application.
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE
United Way Worldwide seeks diverse, qualified professionals who want to make a difference in the world. If you are passionate about your work and desire to help others achieve enhanced education, income, and health, United Way Worldwide is the place for you.
United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, veteran status, marital status, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, and other legally protected characteristics, in accordance with applicable laws. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please e-mail Jennifer.Chavez@uww,unitedway.org or call 703-683-7874 and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni to apply.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA. We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including: health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability, employee assistance program, 403(b) plan, tuition assistance, paid time off, family sick leave, medical appointment leave, parental/adoption leave, dress for your day, free parking, onsite gym, monthly volunteering opportunities, and more. Most benefits begin on the first day of the month following your start date.
UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE’S DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION STATEMENT OF PRINCIPLE
We take the broadest possible view of diversity.
We value the visible and invisible qualities that make you who you are.
We welcome that every person brings a unique perspective and experience to advance our mission and progress our fight for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community.
We believe that each United Way community member, donor, volunteer, advocate, and employee must have equal access to solving community problems.
We strive to include diversity, equity, and inclusion practices at the center of our daily work.
We commit to using these practices for our business and our communities.
Join us in embracing diversity, equity and inclusion for every person in every community.