The Vice President Foundation Relations leads the strategic growth of the foundation relations program at UWW. The Vice President is responsible for meeting or exceeding Foundation revenue goals, deepening foundation relationships, leading the team of grant writers, relationtionship managers and for the overall strategic direction of the foundation relations program. A successful Vice President will grow revenue from foundations, working in collaboration with impact team to develop compelling funding cases of support and also demonstrate value as a leading strategic fundraiser for the organization.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF POSITION
- Develop and lead foundation donor strategey internally and externally, managing the pipeline, targets, and forecasts.
- Identify funding opportunities to establish effective strategic foundation relationships to help achieve UWW objectives.
- Develop and manage external foundation relations globally including facilitation of relationships, convening with partners, and working with local United Ways on foundation partnerships.
- Contribute to and implement the UWW strategy and lead relevant donor strategies in partnership with internal colleagues.
- Drive catalytic change, necessary innovative programs and program design that anticipates or is in line with the foundation donor landscape to effectively contribute to UWW revenue targets.
- Lead a collaborative process with UWW colleagues at global HQ and at Local United Ways on foundations activity and decision making including the pre-positioning, forecasting, proposal development processes, and partner meetings and stewardship.
- Direct all aspects of administration for the global foundation relations function including budgeting, key performance indicators and metrics, and related processes.
- Develop, capacity build and train staff on foundation practices and tools for effective fundraising and C-suite/program engagement.
- Contribute to design of relevant foundation relations tools for capacity building, training, support and advice to the Local United Way network.
- Manage direct reports and contribute towards the supervision of the involvement of external contractors as deemed appropriate by Chief Development Officer.
Minimum requirements include:
- 12+ years of foundation relations fundraising or relevant experience.
- Experience working with complex missions, ideally in a federated model.
- Significant experience building foundation relationships, including a history of meeting or exceeding personal revenue goals.
- Global organization experience a plus.
- Ability to lead and manage in all directions.
- Ability to influence and lead either virtually or in-person. Travel may be required.
Note: If you are selected for an interview you will be contacted. Thank you.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities and skills. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable disabled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE
United Way Worldwide seeks diverse, qualified professionals who want to make a difference in the world. If you are passionate about your work and desire to help others achieve enhanced education, income, and health, United Way Worldwide is the place for you.
United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, veteran status, marital status, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, and other legally protected characteristics, in accordance with applicable laws. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please e-mail Lee.hunter@UWW.Unitedway.org or call (571) 360-6341 and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni to apply.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA. We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including: health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability, employee assistance program, 403(b) plan, tuition assistance, paid time off, family sick leave, medical appointment leave, parental/adoption leave, dress for your day, free parking, onsite gym, monthly volunteering opportunities, and more.
UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE’S DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION STATEMENT OF PRINCIPLE
We take the broadest possible view of diversity.
We value the visible and invisible qualities that make you who you are.
We welcome that every person brings a unique perspective and experience to advance our mission and progress our fight for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community.
We believe that each United Way community member, donor, volunteer, advocate, and employee must have equal access to solving community problems.
We strive to include diversity, equity, and inclusion practices at the center of our daily work.
We commit to using these practices for our business and our communities.
Join us in embracing diversity, equity and inclusion for every person in every community.