United Way of York County
Are you passionate about impacting lives in your community? Join United Way of York County's team. We're on a mission to assist working households in our community to achieve financial stability by collaboratively and equitably reducing barriers to prosperity.
For 100 years, United Way of York County has worked in the York County community to improve people’s lives. It began as The York Welfare Federation, an organization that raised funds on behalf of 17 member agencies. Today, as United Way of York County, the mission remains the same, but the strategies have evolved in order to meet the growing and changing needs of people living in our community. To learn more, visit www.unitedway-york.org.
The Vice President of Finance serves as an integral member of the United Way of York County Leadership team, overseeing the execution of UWYC's fiduciary management strategy, meeting all regulatory requirements, and providing human resources support. The Vice President of Finance will lead a finance and operational team to support and execute strategies that achieve UWYC's strategic goals and ensure donor trust in UWYC's financial operations. This position requires a leader who is tactical and strategic, with administrative and financial experience.
- Develop and execute the overall finance strategy, structure, and planning for the organization.
- Partner with various staff leadership on strategic and compliance related
- Manage, prepare and maintain all financial records for the United Way of York County, FOCUS, and Truancy Prevention Initiative; including annual budgets, capital budgets, monthly financial reports, monthly bank statement reconciliations, adjusting journal entry and close process aswell as manage annual reporting to United Way Worldwide.
- Assure proper processing of pledges receivable, cash contributions, andaccounts payable as well as remit tax receipts for donors.
- Manage and prepare an annual budget for the operating fund, includingthe capital budget, including management and preparation of budgets for the other programs including FOCUS and Truancy Prevention Initiative.
- Manage designation reporting and distribution processes.
- Manage and prepare a rolling 5-year financial strategic plan.
- Serve as staff for the Finance Committee.
- Attend all Board Meetings and Executive Committee meetings presenting analysis of financials.
- Invest general reserve funds and campaign receipts and monitor investment returns to ensure compliance with the investment policy statement.
- Manage and prepare year-end information as required for the audit.
- Manage the preparation of all Internal Revenue Service and government filings (including Form 990, Form 5500, BCO-10, Form 1099, etc.).
- Track all sources of income including campaign, grants (federal, state & private) and social enterprise activities.
- Ensures that UWYC meets all its financial obligations in a timely manner.
- Manage outsourced workstreams and third-party relationships.
- Maintain/improve effective controls over all finance processes.
- Identify opportunities and help implement automation efficiencies.
- Attract, manage, mentor, train and develop finance professionals.
- Strong professional ethics and integrity with high level of accountability.
- Exhibits a strong ability to handle multiple demands with a sense of urgency, drive, and energy.
- Must be self-directed, have excellent initiative and organizational skills to excel in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent communicator and educator of others that is respectful; able to translate finance concepts into clear actionable information.
United Way of York County is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.