United Way of Erie County is a local social impact organization focused on breaking the cycle of poverty in our region.
Our Vision is that the Erie region is a collaborative community of opportunity where ALL students succeed and ALL families thrive.
At United Way of Erie County, we value the differences of ideas, experiences, and individuals without regard to race, religion, color, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, physical challenge, or age. We believe we are strongest when we are most inclusive.
The Vice President, Finance and Administration reports directly to the President of United Way of Erie County (UWEC) and is the senior financial position for the organization, overseeing all matters related to such. The Vice President is responsible for all accounting, finance and
treasury functions for UWEC as well as responsible for developing the financial infrastructure and systems needed to safeguard UWEC’s financial assets, and accurately and properly report the financial results and position of UWEC.
The Vice President supervises and works closely with the Controller to accomplish the above responsibilities. In addition, this position supervises the Director, Erie FREE Taxes to assure that program is implemented and managed with fidelity and in compliance with IRS requirements.
Nothing in this position description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
- As a member of United Way of Erie County’s management team, this position directs the development and administration of UWEC’s financial matters, including budgeting, auditing, accounting and financial reporting.
- Approve the payment of payroll, operating expenses, community investments, grants, and capital items.
- In cooperation with the President, develop and oversee the annual budgeting process.
- Oversee the classification and allocation of restricted funds.
- Oversee the payroll function and ensure compliance with all 403b plan documents and federal and state regulations.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
- Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
- Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
- Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
- Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
- Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.