When uploading your job description, be sure to include the following areas:
Spokane County United Way
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Vice President of Finance for Spokane County United Way (SCUW) serves as the lead position for the accounting, finance, campaign data entry, information systems and human resource functions of SCUW. This position reports directly to the President and provides direct supervision to the members of the Finance and Accounting team.. This position works with the President and with the Board of Directors to develop a strategic view of the financial management of SCUW funds and assets. This position is responsible for development and submission of various reports to governmental entities, United Way Worldwide, audit preparation and organizational governance compliance. This position includes the direct management of employees and with outside consultants tasked with key organizational duties related to IT, Human Resources and Audit. The VP of Finance is the staff leader for Finance and provides primary staff support to the Finance Committee of the Board of Directors.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Bachelors Degree, Finance or Accounting.
- 5 Years Experience with demonstrated progression of responsibilities.
- Experience in the following:
- Audit preparation
- Accounting systems implementation
- Presentation of financial results to management and/or board of directors
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.