The Vice President of Donor Engagement’s primary responsibility is to manage the infrastructure needed to sustain and grow UWECI’s budget through multiple revenue streams, including corporate partners, corporate engagement, work-place giving, major gifts, annual giving, corporate and foundation relations, grants, planned giving, affinity groups and development services and sponsorships. The Vice President of Donor Engagement will expand and diversify UWECI’s donor base/pipeline and work closely with team members, top supporters, UWECI Board of Directors and other stakeholders to secure funding for current and new initiatives.
- Develop and implement organization-wide strategic plans in coordination with leadership team
- Demonstrate leadership skills and strategic, innovative thinking for both the department and the organization, separating the two, if needed.
- Participate as a collaborative member of the leadership team.
- Work closely with Marketing & Communications and Community Impact departments to develop and integrate a consistent message to all donors and potential donors.
- Collaborate on the development of materials that support the UW brand.
- Professionally represent and share the mission of UWECI at city, business, government, and volunteer events and activities, as needed, during nights and weekends.
- Monitor key fundraising trends/issues; communicate their implications and challenges to UWECI Leadership Team with suggested action
Workplace Giving/Annual Campaign:
- Develop key relationships with constituents, including: companies, donors and volunteers
- Oversee development of campaign schedule and monitoring of progress
- Develop and manage Resource Development department budget, in addition to collaborating with marketing budget as it pertains to RD initiatives.
- Oversee cultivation and stewardship of workplace giving donors
- Maintain high visibility in key workplace campaigns
- Partner with the Finance and Administration department to track investments, pledges and accounts
- Serve as the lead in direct mail initiatives and grant writing and submission for fundraising
- Evaluate, with senior management of workplace campaign and donor engagement, the cost-benefit analyses of special events, mailings, and other communications to determine return on investment for organization
- Develop and execute engagement plans and revenue forecasts in organization’s software and track actions and performance metrics (personal and team’s) progress towards revenue goals.