The primary responsibility of the Vice President of Digital Marketing is to provide strategic leadership and operational management of Digital Marketing for United Way Worldwide (UWW). This role manages the editorial strategy with the UWW Marketing team including defining the key messages/narrative/positioning, supporting branding strategy, and managing content development and publication strategies. This role will provide digital marketing services for UWW including delivering multi-channel digital communication, engagement, audience reach and collaboration strategy, campaigns, analytics and results.
The Vice President of Digital Marketing will also:
- Create a digital content strategy and editorial calendar
- Create a budget, work plan and timeline for the rollout of content expansion
- Lead social media, video, newsletters, and partnership teams to drive audience engagement and growth.
- Collaborate with audience development, sales, and marketing to create editorially driven packages, tools, and experiences that attract advertisers and drive consumer revenue
- Use tools such as Parsely and Google Analytics to inform daily editorial decisions
- Work closely with the product team on UX, template updates, page performance, viewability, and other factors to enhance site performance
- Identify, engage and manage writers, contributors, and influencers strategies
- Identify creative solutions to content needs, including a podcast, blog, video series or other storytelling devices
- Inspire big-picture creative thinking from the entire team so that all staff are engaged in content creation
This role will spearhead the UWW’s internal digital transformation, continuously evolving the customer, partner, prospect and employee experience, and deliver an immersive brand experience that fuels the growth of the UWW donor and customer engagement.
A successful executive in this role will have demonstrated experience in leading and growing a successful digital marketing capability including a history of expanding digital marketing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) including audience growth, audience engagement, and financial attribution. This role will lead a team of marketing services subject matter experts in digital communications, customer journey management, and creative services. This role will also be responsible for the coordination of cross-functional teams in order to best serve United Way customers and the United Way network to generate opportunity.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF POSITION:
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below at a satisfactory level:
- Provide executive leadership in managing UWW digital assets, personnel, and systems
- Daily operational leadership for the UWW digital marketing assets – including budget, staffing, vendor relationships, toward the larger goal of driving internal UWW digital transformation
- Develop new offerings by incorporating industry trends, best practices, project success and customer feedback, and scaling offerings to assure capture in varying budget scenarios, and coordinating with sales and product teams
- Work with the President of the US Network to develop digital marketing services strategy and expand core capabilities of UWW
- Lead the development of campaign content and marketing strategies, driving deeper donor insights, acquisition, retention and growth efforts for UWW
- Support digital marketing capabilities for UWW strategic initiatives including Salesforce Philanthropy Cloud, Shared Purpose (Corporate services), cause-related marketing, and key impact campaigns such as natural disasters
- Support the Digital Services sales team effort toward wider network adoption, creating support strategies and tools to increase awareness among internal and external partners
- Lead the development of clear performance targets across all campaigns and establish clear value reporting for internal and external partners. This includes providing leadership of the data analysis and business intelligence strategy which is designed to help demonstrate tangible value to the network in terms of donor growth and retention.
- Collaborate and assess innovative tools, methodologies and approaches to help drive results, local impact and/or speed to market
- Empower team members and guide career pathing through monitoring and evaluation of performance, alignment to United Way professional development program
- Regularly represent United Way in speaking roles, panels, and internal or external engagements
- Produce thought leadership blog posts, case studies, and other media in cooperation with Marketing.
- Other duties as assigned.
BA/BS degree or equivalent with ideally, 7+ years of experience in digital marketing with a focus on both the B2B and B2C marketing experience.
Proven experience in a leadership role for a digital marketing agency consisting of advertising/marketing/communications, consulting/content production/strategy development.
Masterful command of multi-platform/channel digital campaign operations and team management
Demonstrated experience delivering exceptional client work that turns into strong client success stories and high referral rates
Strong understanding of the United Way system
Strong ability to convey complex concepts to all audience levels
Passion for public service, citizen engagement and communication
Ability to shape stories with data
Excellent organization skills and a passion for process and business systems, as well as process improvement ideation
Exceptional interpersonal skills for internal and external relationship building at all levels of the organization, including cross-departmental colleagues, C-suite and clients
Ability to thrive in a lean, self-motivated, proactive environment
Commitment to diversity of thought and consideration of different ideas
Occasional travel required.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities and skills. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable disabled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE:
United Way Worldwide seeks diverse, qualified professionals who want to make a difference in the world. If you are passionate about your work and desire to help others achieve enhanced education, income, and health, United Way Worldwide is the place for you.
United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-836-7100, ext. 324 and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni to apply.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA. We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including: health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability, employee assistance program, 403(b) plan, tuition assistance, paid time off, family sick leave, medical appointment leave, parental/adoption leave, dress for your day, free parking, onsite gym, monthly volunteering opportunities, and more.
Thank you for your interest in employment with United Way Worldwide. You will be contacted if your qualifications are a good match and you are selected for an interview.