United Way is the largest nongovernmental funder in the Quad Cities, responsible for private investments into programs that advance equity and improve education, income and health outcomes.
The Vice President of CSR Strategy supports and advances the United Way Quad Cities (UWQC) mission of mobilizing people and resources to improve lives by building upon existing UWQC work to design and implement a comprehensive strategy for UWQC to serve as a CSR and ESG resource for corporations across the Quad Cities. Elements of strategy will include development of short- and long-range plans, including goals, targets, timelines, and deliverables.
The position will require a sales mindset, solid background in CSR, and ability to develop or adapt and sell UWQC community impact “products” aligned with corporate priorities to further progress toward the achievement of UWQC Rise United 2030 Community Goals. Additionally, the position will require a deep understanding of corporate CSR/ESG objectives to most effectively sell UWQC’s “products”.
The Vice President of CSR Strategy is accountable for the following functions:
- Developing and implementing CSR/ESG strategy, including new prospect pipeline development. (40% of time)
- Responsible for building and sustaining strong corporate relationships resulting in increased Impact revenue. (35% of time)
- Responsible for facilitating collaboration among Resource Development, Volunteer Engagement, and Community Impact team members to drive impact product development and sales. (25% of time)
- Thought leader in uncovering, leading and implementing CSR strategies.
- Developing, testing and selling CSR strategy as fee-based service to corporate partners.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop a strategy and process for UWQC to become a lead corporate resource for CSR/ESG advising and implementation.
- Research, analyze, and prioritize corporate CSR/ESG strategies aligned with UWQC Rise United 2030 goals.
- Build and sustain strong corporate relationships through a deep understanding of partners’ unique CSR/ESG objectives.
- Build a pipeline of new corporate relationships and serve as relationship manager for CSR advising.
- Grow revenue by cultivating deep, strategic, year-round, sustainable relationships between United Way and Corporate Partners via Impact Product sales, corporate social responsibility partnerships, volunteer opportunities, etc.
- Review assigned accounts to establish annual growth goals and support plans and strategies.
- Grow and preserve corporate sponsorships and corporate grants.
- Deliver key United Way messages during individual and group presentations.
- Work closely with UWQC Volunteer Engagement team to develop corporate engagement opportunities aligned with CSR/ESG goals to include in Impact Product portfolios.
- Identify and manage external partners and vendors that will assist United Way in successfully executing annual campaign recognition event (Generosity Dividend). Be main point of contact.
Competencies for all staff:
- Relationship oriented
- Brand Steward
Competencies for Vice President of CSR Strategy:
- Strategic Relationship Building
- Effective & Engaging Communicator
- Entrepreneurial and Innovative
- Planning & Implementation
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience in Corporate Social Responsibility leadership, business development or sales, preferably with large, global corporations.
- Bachelor’s degree required/ in the fields of business administration, sales, marketing, or public administration.
- Innovative, creative, and strong interest in executing new strategies to exceed revenue and impact goals.
- Proficiency translating data and analytics into actionable insights.
- Ability to leverage partnerships to achieve goals and optimize growth.
- Excellent writing, editing, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Superior interpersonal and organizational skills with high attention to detail.
- Proficiency with MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel; working knowledge of social media; competency utilizing a CRM to track prospect interactions.
- Demonstrated skill and comfort in building relationships with board members, major donors, corporate executives, government, and community agency leaders.
- Innovative thinker, with a track record for translating strategic thinking into action plans and results.
- Thorough understanding of the Quad Cities corporate, non-profit, government, and community agency eco-system.
- Excellent consultative selling skills.
- The ability to thrive in an environment that is building for significant growth, diversity, and change.
- Ability to integrate marketing, operations and financial knowledge and background to achieve organizational goals.
- Valid Driver’s License, automobile insurance, and reliable transportation required
At United Way Quad Cities, we value every background, identity, and experience. We believe that a diverse team, informed by different cultures and perspectives, makes us stronger. We are committed to doing the work and challenging each other to be an organization in which everyone is respected and heard. We commit to providing genuine opportunities for all people to thrive. And we will continue to embed diversity, inclusion, belonging, and equality in everything we do.