Please include: a cover letter with salary requirements and resume to be considered.
Reports to: Senior Vice President & Chief Development Officer
Organization Summary: United Way of New York City (UWNYC) is a nonprofit mobilizing people and organizations to eradicate barriers and create opportunities that improve the lives of low-income New Yorkers. Part of the United Way Worldwide system, one of the world's most recognized charitable brands, we envision caring communities in which all individuals and families have access to quality education and the opportunity to lead healthy and financially secure lives. We strive to model our values in all our relationships, both internal and external: Collaboration, Compassion, Integrity, Accountability, and Superior Performance.
The Vice President, Corporate Social Responsibility (VP) reports directly to the Senior Vice President & Chief Development Officer (CDO) and serves as a key member of the Resource Development Team. In particular, the VP will work in close alignment with the Corporate Engagement and Affinity Group teams within the Resource Development Department, as well as collaborate with key members of the President’s Office, and all other departments. The VP will be responsible for building out a team of CSR Program Specialists to help increase engagement within corporate partnerships.
The VP’s primary responsibility will be to implement effective CSR and employee engagement, diversity and inclusion and professional leadership development programs within UWNYC’s comprehensive partnerships. This requires a strong understanding and innovative approach to diversity and inclusion initiatives, existing CSR initiatives and exemplary programming, and the integration of comprehensive, year-round employee engagement opportunities that provide corporate partners with a full suite of professional services throughout a calendar year.
They will further develop and implement strategic plans for engaging companies and individuals and driving the most strategic revenue channels into truly vibrant donor communities.
The ideal candidate to assume this role must possess strong skills and competencies including: ability to work autonomously; entrepreneurial in nature, professional experience with CSR, corporate philanthropic initiatives or workplace engagement efforts; diplomacy, flexibility, accountability, sense of humor, and the ability and commitment to empower and mentor their colleagues.
- Corporate Engagement
- Identify, build and implement CSR programming within UWNYC corporate partners
- Create, deploy and analyze effective tools to diagnose and deploy UWNYC programs as solutions for employee engagement
- Build and execute CSR strategy that incorporates a full suite of year-round engagement opportunities that serves the business needs of corporate clients while aligning with the UWNYC mission and vision
- Continue to build out existing and new donor communities through UWNYC’s affinity groups, and align strategy to demonstrate revenue generation from all donor channels
- Collaborate with the Community Impact, Events, and Marketing & Communication teams to create a unique UWNYC donor community that supports employee donors, Board giving and major gifts outside the workplace campaigns
- Leads creation of a cross-functional strategic plan focused on CSR and Corporate Engagement; establishing clear goals and implementation strategies for both short and long term
- Board Giving and Engagement
- Support CDO in actively engaging Board members in business development.
- Maintain individual relationships with select Board members and respond to individual requests
- Contribute and participate in the Resource Development Committee meetings on a regular basis
- Internal Management
- Develop and retain a high-caliber staff to ensure the goals of the Department are achieved in the most cost efficient, professional manner; assist with the development of rigorous objectives that drive toward higher performance
- Help build an environment of open communication with staff members
- Help establish a high level of professionalism across the department
- Oversee the preparation of reports and call materials
- Establish, communicate, and maintain Departmental and organization-wide policies and procedures related to corporate fundraising program responsibilities
- Develop and execute an overall program/project management, operational, and change management strategy around business initiatives/processes by utilizing proven methodologies and working across the organization to implement
- Create leadership dashboards and reporting cadence to swiftly track Department’s overall performance
- Work with Resource Development Operations and IT teams to ensure that CRM is utilized to support corporate account management to capture and track all donor and prospective activities
- Maintain ongoing information sharing within the Resource Development Department and all other departments
- Work cross-functionally to develop and implement successful marketing and communications strategies tailored to top corporate partners including all United Way targeted campaigns
- Ensure quality and consistency of information exchange with key donors
- Review and contribute to annual reports, newsletters, and online materials
- Finance & Operations
- Develop, gain approval of, and manage the donor relations function within the approved budget; develop relationships with the Finance and Operations staff to ensure that timely and correct information is provided to audit
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- 15+ years of professional experience and/or demonstrated volunteer experience with CSR, corporate philanthropic initiatives or workplace fundraising and engagement efforts
- Ability to build programs out of UWNYC initiatives and products that will provide solutions for corporate partner goals (be a business solution for our corporate partners)
- Strong executive presence and interpersonal skills
- Innovative, creative and strong interest in executing new strategies to exceed revenue and engagement goals
- Proficiency translating data and analytics into actionable insights
- Solid understanding and curiosity for emerging analytics techniques and how they translate into actionable insights for corporate engagement
- Demonstrated experience in managing corporate partnerships, including planning, implementation and account management
- Excellent writing, editing, verbal, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated skill and comfort in building relationships with board members, major donors, corporate executives, and government and community agency leaders
- Innovative thinker, with a track record for translating strategic thinking into action plans and results
- Superior management and problem-solving skills, including the ability to advocate for and manage to budget priorities
- Presence and confidence to project credibility to the Board and other strategic stakeholders
- A passion for UWNYC’s mission, vision, and accomplishments
- Strategic Relationship Building
- Outward Turning Focus
- Mission Focused
- Brand Steward
- Embracing and Managing Change
- Entrepreneurial and Innovative
How to Apply:
Please send cover letter with salary requirements and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title "Vice President, CSR" in the subject line. No phone calls or faxes accepted.
United Way of New York City is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer