Responsible for planning, organizing and implementing all development and operational aspects of the Foundation to achieve strategic growth, organizational sustainability and community impact goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
Donor Relations and Stewardship
- Actively seeks to increase the assets of the Foundation.
- Cultivates and manages relationships with existing and prospective donors, professional advisors, attorneys and CPA’s to further the goals of the Foundation via charitable giving.
- Supervises staff in efforts to increase Foundation assets and cultivate relationships.
- Serves as spokesperson for the integrity, role and value of the Foundation.
- Fosters public awareness and understanding of the Foundation and its work through presentations to professional advisors, prospective donors, community organizations and other interested groups.
- Oversees and approves the production of the Foundation’s media, including but not limited to, the annual report, newsletters, news releases, and social media.
- Proposes and implements both short and long-range goals and objectives in accordance with policies adopted by the United Way and Foundation boards.
- Ensures Foundation board and committee meetings are successful including accurate and timely reports, data and supporting information to enable them to carry out their duties and responsibilities.
- Provides support to the Foundation board chair for their role on the United Way board.
- With the Foundation board chair, plans and implements the annual meeting, board retreat and new board member orientation.
- Serves as primary liaison between the Foundation board and the President.
- Oversees and directs the general day-to-day operations of the Foundation including proposing and interpreting policy, timely processing of gifts, grants and interfund activity, donor fund statements and investment oversight.
- Advises and directs day-to-day operational activities of staff and volunteers, coordinating with board members and committees. Arranges training opportunities for staff, board members, volunteers and committee members.
- Manages staff and ensures that appropriate standards of performance, resources and professional development opportunities are provided. Responsible for recruitment, employment, annual review and release of staff.
- Ensures compliance with the legal requirements of a Community Foundation.
- Point of contact for the Blackbaud FIMS system.
- Active member of the United Way Leadership team.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and at least seven (7) years of experience in a related field.
- Proven track record of managing assets and directly contributing to portfolio growth preferred.
- Interpersonal relationship skills.
- Presentation skills.
- Written and oral communication proficiency.
- Driver’s license.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
Work is carried out in a controlled, agreeable environment as generally represented by normal office conditions. Employees may be required to assist with or attend various offsite events related to programs or fund raising that are scheduled evenings and/or weekends. These events may require several hours on your feet and assisting with heavy lifting and carrying.
Direct Reports –
- Foundation Support Specialist
- Philanthropic Advisor (2)
Date last reviewed/revised: 4/16/22