The United Way of Weld County fights for the health, education and financial stability of every person in the community, improving lives by mobilizing the caring power of the community.
The UWWC AmeriCorps project is an important part of that work, supporting a team of twenty dedicated national service members in building capacity for local organizations who fight to end poverty.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
United Way of Weld County is seeking a VISTA leader with a passion for ensuring that every AmeriCorps member gets the most out of their experience, who will help us to strengthen and solidify our systems for member recruitment, training, and support, while maintaining a fun, engaging, and effective VISTA program. Current and former AmeriCorps and Peace Corps members are eligible to apply.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The VISTA Leader will facilitate the recruitment, onboarding and ongoing support of a team of 24 year-long VISTA members and up to 20 Summer VISTAs throughout Weld County and Northeastern Colorado. Member duties include:
- Facilitate recruitment and placement of qualified VISTA candidates
- Evaluate and improve upon current outreach and recruitment systems
- Collect member reports and utilize them to better support the members and program
- Provide onboarding support to incoming VISTA members including housing and relocation support
- Create orientation materials for VISTAs entering service and facilitate new member orientation
- Plan and implement 2 National Service Days
- Help to plan VISTA recognition events and activities
- Plan monthly VISTA meetings and professional development opportunities
- Plan outings and social events to foster a sense of community within the VISTA cohort
- Conduct VISTA member site visits
- Some college preferred but not necessary
- Must have completed a previous term of AmeriCorps or Peace Corps Service *If you exited early due to COVID-19 and completed more than 50% of your service you are eligible*
- Verbal and written communication
- Project management
- *If you don't have all of these skills please still apply. A huge part of AmeriCorps is the growth opportunity*
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.