PURPOSE OF POSITION
To achieve fund-raising goals for workplace campaigns and enhance relationships with assigned partners through effective account management and customer service. United Way Loaned Executives work independently and as team players with other Loaned Executives, Staff and Volunteers to achieve annual fund-raising goals. Serve as an ambassador for Orange County United Way at meetings and campaign events to increase awareness of our mission and impact in the community.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Successfully manage assigned accounts to achieve fund-raising goals.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with Employee Campaign Managers, Campaign Committees, United Way Volunteers and Staff.
- Review account and team goals with assigned Campaign Relations Manager. Analyze data and develop account action plans to increase employee pledges and corporate gifts. Use established goals as benchmarks for targeting increases.
- Schedule appointments with assigned Employee Campaign Managers to discuss prior years’ campaign results and strategies and goals for this year’s campaigns as well as identify corporate philanthropic goals and present qualified United Way partnership opportunities.
- Train and support Employee Campaign Managers and their teams in developing and running effective giving campaigns.
- Provide timely and responsive customer service. Meet both account-driven and internal deadlines.
- Write accurate account notes, update computer account management records, and tally and report campaign results.
- Converse and present Orange County United Way and its community impact work at campaign rallies and events.
- Complete all paperwork and update computer records when campaigns end to close out account files.
- Deliver and pick up materials and awards as needed, using own transportation.
- Use professional verbal and written communication skills to interface with various levels of company personnel.
1-2 years of account management, sales or customer service experience.
Non-profit or fund-raising experience an asset. Bilingual an asset.
Account management including building strategic relationships to win support, providing excellent customer service and developing and maintaining accurate account files.
Developing and delivering effective presentations to individuals and groups of 5 – 250+.
Multi-tasking. Time and organizational management. Proficient (intermediate level) computer skills in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Excel.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Work effectively with diverse groups of people.
- Comprehend and analyze financial and statistical data.
- Prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Rapidly adjust to change in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Learn new computer application for account management.
Please forward resume to:
Senior Relationship Manager
Orange County United Way
18012 Mitchell South, Irvine, CA 92614
(949) 263-6159 Fax: (949) 271-8059 E-Mail: Sherrid@unitedwayoc.org