United Way of King County is a recognized leader in solving the community’s toughest challenges. We value creative, self-motivated people who care deeply about creating community solutions. Come join our Human Resources Team as a HR Floater.
This position provides administrative and technical support to assigned departments at United Way. Assigned duties support the work of the organization and assist with seasonal needs and temporary increases in workload for various departments. Work assignments are requested by department supervisors and submitted to the Human Resources Manager, who prioritizes the assignments.
- Assists the Development Team in coordinating multiple speakers at campaign events. Enters volunteer engagement records for speakers on SpeakerSource. Sends correspondence at the end of the workplace giving campaign to all the speakers and sets up campaign supplies for the Loaned Executive Program.
- Assists Gift Accounting and Support Services Department (GASS) with audit, data entry, customer service, imaging and other data verification tasks of pledges.
- Using UWKC’s Volunteer Database, Get Connected, assists the volunteer office with group projects, response to inquiries via email or Get Connected, and produces status reports on group projects for MLK day, Day of Caring, and Emerging Leader events.
- Assists the Brand Team by typing meeting minutes and organizing the online photo library.
- Assists the Operations team by entering information for annual budget, pulling files for audits, and processing expense requests.
- Assists HR Department with filing, creating and editing documents on Excel and Word, updating UNet, providing coverage for the HR Coordinator/Analyst’s absence with budget and credit card reconciliation, and processes invoices and expense vouchers. Acts as Payroll back-up.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong command of business English grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and projects in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and high-quality standards.
- Intermediate level proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Data entry, basic office, and math skills.
- Demonstrated time management, initiative, and project coordination skills.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Proven ability to serve more than one customer at a time in an efficient and positive manner.
Education and/or Experience
Associate’s degree, or equivalent three years’ experience in office administration or related work.
The annual recruitment range is from $44,000 to $46,500, depending on successful experience and prior accomplishments. The position is open until filled; please apply on our careers website today.
United Way of King County is an exceptional workplace that can provide you with:
- Opportunity to work with smart, passionate and enthusiastic team members and volunteers
- Culture of high-performance expectations and accountability
- Exciting and challenging work
- Opportunity to help solve the community's toughest problems
- Competitive pay that is commensurate with demonstrated successful performance and experience
- Many other benefits that we are happy to discuss with you
We are an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We strongly encourage people of color to apply.
We are an Employer of National Service: AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.