If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to work for a great non-profit organization, doing important work in our community, please consider applying for a Loaned Executive temporary, full-time position at United Way of King County (UWKC). United Way of King County is seeking energetic and talented individuals to join a highly focused and successful Development Team for the 2019 Annual Campaign. Each year we hire Loaned Executives throughout King County to help raise money for health and human services. The term ‘Loaned Executive’ refers to a person who is either loaned by an organization or hired by United Way to work as a fundraiser and community spokesperson for United Way’s annual campaign.
As a Loaned Executive, you will provide fundraising strategies, volunteer support, and donor cultivation skills to assist local companies in running successful workplace campaigns. In partnership with United Way staff, you will be responsible for supporting fundraising in your assigned account portfolio. Once you are selected as a Loaned Executive, you will attend training that will provide you with the general skills you will need to be successful in this position.
The Loaned Executive position is an opportunity to grow personally and professionally. This is an opportunity to develop and hone skills in sales, customer service, project management, public speaking, and team building. You will also gain valuable contacts, community knowledge, and be a part of a positive and supportive team environment.
• Excellent planning, organizing, and follow-through skills in a fast-paced environment
• Strong collaboration skills and demonstrated ability to relate to a diverse audience
• Presentation experience and strong verbal and written communication skills
• Proven ability to multi-task; effective time and project management skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Fundraising, development and/or sales experience
• Attend mandatory orientation and ongoing training sessions
• Implement workplace fundraising campaign strategies
• Represent United Way at campaign events and serve as a project manager on tasks and assignments in portfolios assigned to you
• Educate company volunteers on the value of giving to United Way to address health and human services issues
• Fundraise and ask for employee and corporate contributions
• Participate as part of a Loaned Executive Team of community professionals
• Ability to drive to all parts of King County (must have full-time use of a licensed and insured vehicle)
Education and Experience
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor’s degree specializing in Business, Marketing, Communications, or related field. Equivalent fundraising and/or sales experience may be substituted for the education requirement.
Compensation and Hours
• Duration of Position: This is a 14-week commitment from September 9 to December 13, 2019
• Hours: Full Time/approx. 38.75 hours per week; must be able to work a flexible schedule as companies often have campaign sessions outside of typical business hours. You will receive pay on Thanksgiving Day and the day after (November 28 & 29).
• Salary: $630/week (Loaned Executives are covered by Seattle Paid Sick and Safe Time but are not eligible for other UWKC benefits)
• Excellent training and expense reimbursement
Please apply online at http://www.uwkc.org/about/careers/. You will be asked to upload your resume and provide a cover letter.
We would like to hear how your education and experience meet or exceed the requirements of the position. Include in your cover letter your skills and experience in the following areas: teamwork, public speaking, presentations, fundraising or sales, project management, communication, and motivation.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an Employer of National Service: AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt. Apply early for first consideration.