STATEMENT OF THE JOB:
This position works with United Way of Greater Toledo staff, volunteers, campaign managers (CM) to successfully plan and implement workplace campaigns at assigned account portfolio. Serve as United Way representative and spokesperson in delivering the United Way message and conveying the needs of the community to encourage individual contributions, advocacy and community involvement
- Cultivate relationships with United Way staff, volunteers and campaign managers.
- Provide the highest standards of customer service and professionalism.
- Provide support to the CM in planning campaigns.
- Conduct workplace employee presentations.
- Staff volunteers as necessary.
- Educate workplace employees about United Way of Greater Toledo and community needs.
- Assist in facilitating all workplace campaigns executed face to face, through the mail, Campaign-In-A-Box as required.
- Arrange all agency speaker and tour requests through Community Voices procedure.
- Deliver and pick-up materials where needed for workplace campaigns.
- Collect and account for pledge forms.
- Maintain accurate and updated account files in ANDAR Database.
- Analyze weekly reports on campaign progression.
- Attend a weekly meeting to receive important campaign information, share success stories and request assistance.
- Collaborate with other departments as necessary to provide year-round engagement opportunities for companies.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree with some experience in fund raising/sales.
- Experience working with volunteers.
- Or, a comparable combination of education and work experience.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Works appropriately and enthusiastically with others and responds appropriately.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule outside of standard office hours.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, manage time effectively.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills including public speaking and writing.
- Demonstrated numerical aptitude.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare reports, present data in an understandable form.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Requires strong relationship building skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deliver high quality, accurate products while operating in a fast paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Must be able to maintain confidential and sensitive information
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNTIY EMPLOYER