United Way Worldwide (UWW) envisions a world where all individuals and families achieve their human potential through education, income stability and healthy lives. UWW' mission is to improve lives by mobilizing the caring power of communities around the world to advance the common good, through mobilizing volunteer, financial and intellectual resources within the community in a collective effort to address social need.
United Way Spain is looking for its CEO
Under the authority of the Board of Directors and in partnership with its members, the CEO plans, leads and executes the development of the organization, especially fundraising, convening social initiatives and allocation of resources to initiatives or organizations.
As the CEO for United Way Spain the primary duties are:
1. Insure the growth of United Way Spain by increasing donations, community impact initiatives and the visibility of the United Way brand in Spain
2. Plan and lead the fundraising campaign and the community impact initiatives
3. Support the Board of Directors and its committees in developing policies and procedures
4. Manage operations and resources (human, financial and material)
5. Build relationships with strategic partners (corporations, governments, institutions and high net worth individuals) to support development
6. Represent United Way Spain in economical, political and social circles and communicate on United Way Spain mission
7. Insure United Way Spain compliance to United Way Worldwide policies and procedures and its active participation in the network, particularly to promote cross boarders impact initiatives.
8. Other duties as assigned.
NOTE: This position is located in Madrid, Spain with frequent trips in Spain, Europe and America.
Bachelors Degree. Masters Degree preferred.
Minimum 7 years executive management experience. Minimum 3 years experience in a not-for-profit. Relevant experience in management, fundraising, business development, and/or communications with major achievements.
Demonstrated capacity to lead a strategic result oriented plan in a complex setting, according to goals and objectives approved by the Board of Directors.
Ethical and honest behavior. Commitment to UWW’s values, including diversity and inclusiveness
Initiative, autonomy and thoroughness.
Excellent relationship management and communication skills, highly diplomatic and good listener.
Superior capabilities in speaking and writing Spanish and proficient in English.
Ability to be creative with limited resources. Pioneer.
To Apply: Submit your application form, cover letter with salary requirements, in Spanish and in English, and your resume to Bénédicte de Saint-Pierre at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are selected for an interview you will be contacted. Thank you.