The CEO will be mission-driven, collaborative and provide visionary leadership to the organization. The scope of this position is broad, requiring the CEO to establish and maintain significant relationships with persons at all levels within the public, private and nonprofit sectors to advance the work of community impact in basic needs, education, financial stability, and health. This position will serve as the brand ambassador for the communities served by the United Way of Central Illinois, which includes connecting with a constituency of givers, businesses, agencies, education partners, government officials, program participants and others. The CEO will develop strategic goals to provide opportunities for our stakeholders and community to thrive.
- Bachelor’s degree in Non-Profit Management, Business Administration or related field
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in nonprofit management and leadership
- Fundraising or extensive experience in the leadership and management of organizations of comparable size and mission
- Ability to earn the trust, confidence and respect of stakeholders
- A demonstrated track record of promoting diversity, equity and inclusion
- An ability to build partnerships and collaboration with the community
- Experience in building teams and conflict management
- Experience in diversifying revenue and increasing philanthropic support
- Demonstrate a high level of intelligence, intellectual curiosity, a desire to explore new ideas and innovative approaches to solving problems
HOW TO APPLY
- Submit resume, cover letter, and list of 5 professional references (include name, title, organization, email address, and phone number) to https://bit.ly/UWCIL_CEO
- The application materials should clearly address background, skills, and experiences related to the Essential Functions/Performance Objectives including being a Brand Ambassador, Fundraising, Resource Development, Governance & Organization Management. Application materials should also clearly address the minimum requirements for the position
- Cover letter should not exceed four pages
- Applications due by 5:00 PM CST on Friday October 1, 2021
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.