- Bachelor’s degree required; Degree inn Non-Profit Management, Business Administration or a related field preferred
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in nonprofit management and leadership
- Fundraising or extensive experience in the leadership and management of organizations of comparable size and mission
- Ability to earn the trust, confidence and respect of stakeholders
- A demonstrated track record of promoting diversity, equity and inclusion
- An ability to build partnerships and collaboration with the community
- Experience in building teams and conflict management
- Experience in diversifying revenue and increasing philanthropic support
- Demonstrate a high level of intelligence, intellectual curiosity, a desire to explore new ideas and innovative approaches to solving problems
- Minimum Starting Salary of $98,671.
- A Start-Up Package may be negotiated.
- Full-time and part-time employees are paid for the following holidays - New Year’s Day; Martin Luther King, Jr. Day; President’s Day; Memorial Day; Independence Day; Labor Day; Thanksgiving Day; Friday after Thanksgiving; Christmas Day.
- Health, Dental, and Life Insurance are provided; a Flexible Benefit Plan and Vision Insurance are available.
- All eligible employees of the UWCIL are participants in the Board-approved Defined Contribution Retirement Plan. All eligible employees may participate in the Optional Tax Deferred Annuity Plan.
- Tuition Assistance is available.
HOW TO APPLY
- Submit resume, cover letter, and list of 5 professional references (include name, title, organization, email address, and phone number) to https://bit.ly/UWCIL_CEO
- The application materials should clearly address background, skills, and experiences related to the Essential Functions/Performance Objectives including being a Brand Ambassador, Fundraising, Resource Development, Governance & Organization Management. Application materials should also clearly address the minimum requirements for the position
- Cover letter should not exceed four pages
- Applications due by 5:00 PM CST on Friday, December 10, 2021
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.