United Way of Marion County is seeking candidates for its 2-1-1 Liaison position. This is a part-time position, working up to 24 hours per week, located here in Marion County. Primary duties would be to build relationships with social service organizations, connecting their information to Marion County’s 2-1-1 service. The job description below has more details on the position. Please apply by sending a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Application deadline is August 5, 2020.
United Way of Marion County
DATE: July 2020
POSITION TITLE: United Way 2-1-1 Liaison
REPORTS TO: Community Impact Director
Exemption Status: Part time, non-exempt
Develop relationships with Community social services and businesses to build awareness of, and engagement with, United Way 2-1-1 services. Promote the understanding and use of the United Way 2-1-1 service. Manage and coordinate the resource database ensuring excellence in the quality of information collected, processed and edited. Collect information and produce deliverables such as directories and data reports. Ensure that the resource database meets AIRS standards.
External: Interact with social service agencies, businesses and individuals seeking assistance with social service needs. Internal: Interact with all staff and volunteers.
Primary Job Responsibilities/Duties:
- Build relationships with Marion County social service organizations to understand their programing and ensure their information is entered into the 2-1-1 database.
- Attend meetings to promote 2-1-1 services and to gather information for the resource database.
- Create awareness of services available by actively marketing 2-1-1 in Marion County.
- Act as the liaison between United Way of Marion County and the 2-1-1 call center, ensuring that service delivery meets United Way of Marion County expectations.
- Support the 2-1-1 call center in ensuring the 2-1-1 database is updated and accurate.
- Oversee the administrative processing of requests made to the emergency assistance fund.
- Coordinate 2-1-1 services in collaboration with Marion County Emergency Management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: College Associates degree or higher education level preferred
Background working with non-profit agencies. Project management skills required. Minimum of 3 years experience preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
Strong relationship building skills
Communication skills; both written and verbal
Competence in Microsoft software products