Great Rivers United Way’s, Great Rivers HUB is offering a new value-added service, called Care Transitions. Starting salary for this position will be at $20/hour. Please send a cover letter and resume to Brent Dwyer at email@example.com by May 20th 2022.
With the help of a Transitions Coach community members referred to the program will be able to achieve goals they set for themselves and be better able to manage their chronic health conditions. The outcomes we anticipate are improved health and avoiding preventable hospitalization.
We are looking for personable, energetic professionals with experience providing community-based services with adults, to include visits to clients’ homes and collaboration with healthcare providers.
In this role as patient empowerment facilitator, the Transitions Coach® provides skill transfer and guidance to the patient/caregiver for effective care transitions, improved self-management skills and enhanced patient-practitioner communication. Duties will include teaching members how to manage their medications, red flags of their conditions, and how to communicate effectively with treatment providers.
OVERVIEW YOUR AGENCIES REQUIREMENTS.
- Ready access to reliable transportation is required as frequent travel to homes and hospitals will occur.
- Experience with discharge planning is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, flexibility, and a passion for helping others are key for this position
- Requires strong organizational, time management skills, be an independent thinker
- Experience meeting with clients in their home is required
- Experienced, passionate professional (including/not limited to CHWs, RNs, OTs, SWs)
- Demonstrates excellent communications skills: active listening; use of open-ended questions; experience in motivational interviewing; ability to reframe and redirect
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills
- Ability to self-reflect and assess
- Experience and comfort with home visits preferred