United Way of Wisconsin is hiring a Training and Quality Assurance Coordinator. The person in this role will be responsible for providing training to statewide information and referral initiatives. The position will play a coordinating role in implementing and evolving the statewide training and quality assurance plan. Duties include serving as a liaison to statewide information and referral teams, providing group and individual training, running and developing QA reports and determining areas of system improvement, as well as proving coaching in order to improve performance. First applicant review will take place on 3/8/2021. Position will stay open until filled. EOE.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.