THIS IS A TEMP TO HIRE POSITION
The Manager, Emergency Food & Shelter Program (EFSP) is responsible for the overall delivery of assigned work projects within the group/team. The Manager is responsible for assisting in the preparation of written communications for the EFSP, including the preparation of minutes for the monthly National Board meetings. Also, the Manager is responsible for processing Local Board Plans, conducting webinars/trainings and program site visits. In addition, the Manager is responsible for explaining and interpreting program policies to Local Boards and Local Recipient Organizations effectively and efficiently. Provides backup for and support in assisting the Vice President, EFSP with program management.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF POSITION
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below at a satisfactory level:
- Prepare written communications regarding EFSP.
- Assist with the EFSP National Board monthly meetings, including the preparation of monthly meeting minutes.
- Assist with design, preparation, and presentation of webinars/trainings.
- Provide consultation and technical assistance to Local Boards and Local Recipient Organizations participating in the program through the most appropriate method (i.e., telephone, email, mail).
- Prepare Variances and Requests for additional funding received from Local Boards, as necessary.
Board Plan/SSA Committee Plan Processing
- Review and approve Local Board Plans received from funded communities for program compliance.
- Review State Set-Aside Committee Plans to ensure compliance with EFSP guidelines.
- Assist in the review Final Reports for compliance with program guidelines and eligibility, troubleshoot as needed in the review of reports, including contacting Local Boards and LROs as needed.
- Assist in the review of follow-up documentation from Local Boards and LROs to resolve compliance exceptions as expeditiously as possible.
- Assist with testing of Final Reports and Compliance processes changes to EFSP system, as necessary.
- Perform on-site compliance review of agencies throughout the U.S., as necessary to substantiate eligible expenditures and review of financial structure and stability or to investigate a fraud issue and report findings to the National Board.
Other Duties as Assigned
Minimum requirements include:
- High school diploma, Bachelor’s degree, or commensurate experience.
- Three years of experience in a similar role.
- Advanced technical/functional knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Experience in adult education/training and telephone consultation a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written; communication management experience is preferred.
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff.
- The successful team member candidate must be highly detail oriented, a motivated self-starter who can work independently in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines.
Thank you for your interest in employment with United Way Worldwide. If you are selected for an interview you will be contacted.
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE
United Way Worldwide seeks diverse, qualified professionals who want to make a difference in the world. If you are passionate about your work and desire to help others achieve enhanced education, income, and health, United Way Worldwide is the place for you.
United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, veteran status, marital status, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, and other legally protected characteristics, in accordance with applicable laws. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please e-mail email@example.com or call 703-683-7860 and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni to apply.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA. We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including: health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability, employee assistance program, 403(b) plan, tuition assistance, paid time off, family sick leave, medical appointment leave, parental/adoption leave, dress for your day, free parking, onsite gym, monthly volunteering opportunities, and more.
UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE’S DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION STATEMENT OF PRINCIPLE
We take the broadest possible view of diversity.
We value the visible and invisible qualities that make you who you are.
We welcome that every person brings a unique perspective and experience to advance our mission and progress our fight for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community.
We believe that each United Way community member, donor, volunteer, advocate, and employee must have equal access to solving community problems.
We strive to include diversity, equity, and inclusion practices at the center of our daily work.
We commit to using these practices for our business and our communities.
Join us in embracing diversity, equity and inclusion for every person in every community.