Fundraising/Resource Development/Relationship Management
Title: Campaign Executive
Status: Temporary/Full-Time/Contract (July 9, 2018 to December 14, 2018)
Hourly Rate: $17.00
Apply: Submit a resume and cover letter Here by May 30, 2018
We are looking for someone to engage workforce partners to develop and deepen relationships, maximize revenue, and generate resources for United Way to advance our impact work. The position focuses on strategic relationships with a portfolio of (lead and mid-market) accounts.
Primary responsibilities include applying leadership, fundraising, project management and teamwork skills to consult with and assist local employers to plan and implement successful United Way campaigns. This position reports to the Senior Manager, Workforce & Corporate Development and works closely with the Resource Development team.
We aren’t your typical United Way. We’ve recently embarked on a new, collaborative approach to help families with children 0-8 escape the traps of poverty. Our new work is called CORE: Creating Open Roads to Equity. It’s bold, innovative, and is already changing the way local nonprofits, public partners, and private businesses work to help families in our community. CORE moves whole families out of the traps of poverty through a collaborative approach serving both children and the adults in their lives, together.
Integrity, collaboration, innovation, equity, and outcome-oriented are the values our staff uphold that motivate and inspire our work.
- Develop, organize, and implement successful campaign strategies by consulting with employee campaign managers of assigned workforce accounts.
- Analyze and evaluate account strengths and weaknesses of engagement and campaigns strategies.
- Set account goals and develop timetables and work plans for lead groups.
- Analyze and interpret account data results to assist in developing new methods and tools for improvements.
- Ability to deliver compelling ask to both large and small audiences.
- Consult with and direct volunteers to secure corporate contributions and/or personally contact CEO’s of accounts.
- Participate in all workforce engagement activities, including training, volunteer management, public speaking, and team meetings.
- Maintain awareness of political, social, and economic factors in the community that may affect partner relationships. Apprise Resource Development team of relevant information.
- Serve as a United Way of Snohomish County spokesperson, conveying the value of United Way to the community.
- Support of United Way’s commitment to relationship management by ensuring a consistent and positive brand experience for all constituents of United Way of Snohomish County.
- Prepare and maintain accurate records, reports and materials, including database information.
- Collect and deliver supporting sales and campaign materials to assigned accounts. This requires use of a private vehicle and current auto license and insurance.
- Collect cash contributions and pledge forms.
- Draft, maintain, and submit accurate & timely reports according to established financial recording processes.
Education and/or Experience
- Associate degree. A combination of education and/or relevant experience may be substituted in lieu of degree requirements.
- Experience in a professional business or sales environment and public speaking preferred.
- Minimum 1-year experience using donor database, Salesforce, Raiser’s Edge, or other comparable software system preferred.
- Direct donor relations experience preferred.
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment.
- Participate effectively as a team player and independently.
- Be self-directed, enthusiastic, and creative.
- Proficient in a Windows operating system, MS Word, Access, Excel, Outlook, One Note, the Internet, and experience with database management.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, quickly process information, and demonstrate a dedication to ensuring and maintaining quality results.
- Ability to learn and comprehend a complex database with detailed procedures.
- Strong time-management and prioritization skills a must.
- Ability to handle confidential information appropriately.
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, research and collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Current, valid driver’s license; use of private vehicle and valid automobile insurance
- Meet the criminal history check review standards.
- Must register with and will be paid through a contracted employment agency upon hire.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. While performing the duties of this job, employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Job Type: Temporary/Contract
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Job Status: Full-Time Seasonal
- Hours: 37.5 hrs. /wk. Full-time (July 9 – December 14)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. Qualifications listed are representative of education, experience, competencies, knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee incumbent(s) in this position. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” relationship.