Job Title Director, TECHquity
Reporting To: Senior Vice President, Strategic Impact & Community Engagement
Department: Strategic Impact & Community Engagement
Strategic Imperative: Provide a rewarding and inspiring experience to every donor and volunteer with every interaction.
Core Values: Passion: Dive in – Create enthusiasm and inspire others.
Authentic: Be Real – Keep it honest and set the example.
Collaboration: Live United – Work together and mobilize for change.
Empowerment: Own it – Be courageous and make it happen.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THIS ROLE:
The goal of TECHquity is to bridge the digital divide by fostering greater digital equity and inclusion through increased access to reliable and affordable internet service, securing digital devices/applications for priority populations, developing opportunities to enhance digital skills/literacy, and creating a network of advocates to raise awareness about the digital divide in Orange, Osceola, and Seminole Counties. The TECHquity Director will oversee all aspects of the Heart of Florida United Way’s TECHquity initiative. The Director will research and cultivate potential partnerships, plan and implement activities and events, coordinate a cross-functional HFUW team and stay informed on trends and issues related to digital equity and inclusion.
- Work with an internal cross-functional team to manage all assigned aspects of Heart of Florida United Way’s (HFUW) TECHquity initiative.
- Keep up to date with trends in bridging the digital divide, including affordable internet services, digital devices, digital skills/literacy, advocacy, etc.
- Conduct research on best practices related to addressing the digital divide to help HFUW make informed decisions on TECHquity strategies to pursue.
- Coordinate meetings of the HFUW internal cross-functional team to include setting meeting dates, drafting agendas and meeting notes/recaps, and maintaining the internal SharePoint resource page.
- In coordination with the cross-functional team, identify and cultivate relationships with potential partners interested in impacting the digital divide.
- Work with strategic partners to design and facilitate TECHquity activities (examples include STEM opportunities for students and digital literacy workshops for seniors).
- Assist with the planning, development and implementation of technologies and protocols to safely operate TECHquity initiatives.
- Assist with data collection and creating reports highlighting TECHquity’s impact in the community.
- Coordinate TECHquity marketing needs with the HFUW marketing/communications team including submitting and following up on work orders.
- Assist marketing with informational requests to include drafting blogs, social media posts and media interviews.
- In partnership with the Volunteer Resource Center, recruit and manage volunteers for TECHquity events.
- In coordination with the Grants and Resource Development departments, assist with completing funding request to potential donors.
- Work with the Director of Advoacy and Public Policy to increase awareness about the digital divide and the TECHquity initiative with elected officials and staff.
- Support the operations of the Strategic Impact & Community Engagement team based on the changing needs of Heart of Florida United Way and the community.
- Represent HFUW on external committees, boards, work groups, or other like community engagement opportunities as approved by the agency to contribute to raising the profile of Heart of Florida United Way.
- Meets goals for financial growth and engagement.
- Identify, cultivate and engage prospects and donors.
- Contribute to the overall organizational success by performing other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
FUNCTIONAL COMPETENCIES / ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Mission Focused: Create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities.
- Relationship-Oriented: Cultivate and manage relationships toward a common goal.
- Collaborator: Understand the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources through meaningful engagement.
- Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
- Brand-Steward: Steward of the brand and understands the role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s degree required; bachelor’s degree preferred. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Prior nonprofit experience preferred.
- Relevant, progressively responsible work experience in account management, fundraising, sales, public relations, or related field. Experience in consultative sales is preferred.
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage programs and/or projects.
- Ability to build strong relationships within the organization and within the community.
- Experience developing, coordinating, and leading projects required. Demonstrated success in new project development preferred.
- Knowledge or ability to assimilate information related to the digital divide.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and comfortability communicating with all levels of colleagues, both internal and external of the organization, is required.
- Work requires excellent reading, writing and proofreading skills. Must be able to edit, complete and assemble reports.
- Must be able to prioritize heavy workload in fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated organizational, follow-up, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong existing computer skills with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, as well as general Internet and electronic communications.
Physical demands include sitting or standing for extended periods of time, bending, occasional lifting of items weighing up to approximately 30 pounds, regularly moving throughout the building between floors, traveling to outside meetings, regular use of standard office equipment such as the telephone, copier, fax and computer. Demands also involve protracted concentration. Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license required as this position will travel throughout the Central Florida area. Job involves frequent and routinely intense public contact.