This position will provide incidental technology support to all staff and to assist the IT Director with outstanding projects in the administration of technology systems and services.
This individual performs a variety of Information Technology support tasks to ensure delivery of technology services with minimal disruption of business hours up-time (8:00 AM to 5:00 PM); Proactively monitors and assists in the operation of computer hardware, software, and peripherals; Utilizes computer equipment, software and diagnostic tools to perform a broad range of customer assistance; Works independently with minimal supervision; Updates supervisor on status of projects and technical issues; Exercises judgment and creativity in selecting and applying procedures correctly, and determines when to refer problems to the supervisor or the next level of support.
This position reports to the Director of Information Technology.
This is a (0.8 FTE) full-time position for 32 hours per week.
Salary Range: $17-$22 per hour DOE
- Monitor the Help Desk requests for incidental technology support;
- Provides technical support and troubleshooting in the use of personal computer hardware, software;
- Configures and deploys desktop computers, peripherals and user accounts;
- Installs and repairs server and PC software, hardware and peripherals;
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses problems, implements corrective action procedures and/or escalates to specialized staff or vendor support personnel;
- Administers user accounts and security permissions;
- Develops and maintains documentation on user interfaces and administrative procedures;
- Assists with technical projects as assigned such as upgrades, patches, configuration, migrations, and implementations of technology systems and services;
- Ensures all requests for IT support are initiated through the help desk system and prioritizes/routes new helpdesk requests.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum Associates Degree or equivalent education in Computer Science, Information Technology, or technical field and two years of related professional experience;
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred with 3 to 5 years professional experience;
- Certifications preferred but not required:
- Microsoft (Microsoft Certified IT Professional, MCSA/MCSE, Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist, etc.)
- Comptia (A+, Network+, Security+)
- VMware (VCA, VCP, VCAP)
- Detail-oriented and complex problem solving skills with ability to provide professional and effective customer service in a fast-paced environment by communicating in writing and verbally with team members, Management, vendors, community partners, and clients;
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage expectations;
- Ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner;
- Project management and organizational skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including clear, concise, and accurately written documents with correct grammar, spelling, and organization of appropriate content;
- Must possess a current and valid driver’s license, current automobile insurance, and access to a reliable vehicle;
- Ability to occasionally lift 40 pounds.