United Way of Northeast Florida
Position Title: Team Lead I & II - Information and Referral (I&R)
Department: Community Impact / 211
Reports to: 211 Operations Supervisor
Reviewed: February 2022 FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Position is Grant Funded
Vision and Mission:
At United Way of Northeast Florida, we envision a community of opportunity where everyone has hope and can reach their full potential. Our mission is to solve our community’s toughest challenges by connecting people, resources and ideas.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is not only valued and demonstrated in our hiring practices, it is a fundamental part of our mission throughout our organization and the communities we serve.
Purpose of Position:
The Information & Referral Team Lead is responsible for assisting the Operations Supervisor by supporting the contact center staff in a manner that ensures quality I&R service delivery via phone, text, and email. I&R Team Leads may be called upon to de-escalate stressful situations, as well as serve as the first point of contact for crisis calls including callers demonstrating suicidal ideology. Team Leads may also be involved in follow up communications, intake for specialized programs or services, outbound calls, basic database maintenance and community outreach.
Key Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Provide exceptional customer service as the first point of contact with the United Way of Northeast Florida 2-1-1 by linking community members with appropriate services and providing immediate crisis intervention as necessary.
- Provide thorough, appropriate, and helpful referrals, information, and/or intervention services to address the caller’s need(s)
- Serves as initial escalation point for I&R Specialists and routes to Supervisor when requested by clients
- Monitors calls, queue volume, and agent availability to ensure operational efficiency, and fill in as needed
- Assists with ongoing maintenance of resource database information through notifying resource database manager of errors
- Assists with follow up assignments from emails and or voicemails
- Assists with QA by collecting calls and submitting to Operational Supervisor
- Assists Operations Supervisor to ensure consistency of training, support, and service across shifts
- Assists and supports the Operations Supervisor as needed and other duties as assigned
- 100% compliance with UW 211 policies and procedures
- Knowledge & compliance with Alliance of Information and Referral Systems (AIRS) requirements
- Maintain 85% quality and assurance (QA) average
- Establish clear and effective communication using good contact techniques and active listening in a non-judgmental way
- Use direct intervention and advocacy when needed as agreed to by the caller
- Respect and maintain client confidentiality; follow all agency and program guidelines regarding confidentiality
- If a client is in a crisis, life-threatening or suicidal situation, assist the client to move from an emotional state to a cognitive state
- Demonstrate a willingness and ability to work with difficult callers or calls using accepted techniques and principles
- After proper Suicide Intervention/Prevention training, be able to answer suicide calls in addition to Information & Referral (I&R) calls
- Completes required initial and ongoing training as needed
- Demonstrate a commitment to the United Way mission statement and Code of Ethics in all interactions with coworkers and constituents
- Expected to maintain an average score of 80% or greater on all individual performance metrics
- Applicant should possess a motivation to help people, a non-judgmental attitude, excellent interpersonal skills, and an ability to empathize
- Preferred minimum of an Associate’s degree or minimum two years’ experience in health and human service related field
- Must pass and maintain Level II DCF background screening
- Must be detailed oriented and work with a high level of accuracy in every aspect of the job
- Understand, enforce and adhere to specific regulations, including Inclusion/Exclusion policy, AIRS and AAS requirements and standards
- Willingness to accept direction and feedback from management
- Proven team player who demonstrates a caring and compassionate commitment to the callers and their unique circumstances
- Ability to work effectively with community agencies
- Inbound call experience or prior I&R experience strongly preferred
- Proficiency in oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of computer equipment, phones, various software programs and resource file
- Ability to work effectively under stress and maintain productivity and composure under pressure
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and team environment
- Adapts readily to changes
- Ability to use good judgment and assessment techniques
- Ability to work with minimal supervision. Effectively prioritizes work and establishes clear goals and plans
- Flexibility to work variable shifts, including holidays within a remote environment
- Ability to work overtime as assigned
- Successfully completes AIRS Certified Resource Specialist exam within one year of eligibility
Professional Core Competencies Required:
- Mission Focused: Creates real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives performance and professional motivations.
- Relationship Oriented: Places people before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
- Collaborator (Includes teamwork and communication): Understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial & human) through meaningful engagement. Strong supporter of a team environment.
- Results Driven: Dedicates efforts to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
- Brand Steward: Understands role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
General Physical Requirements for Essential Functions of the Job:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, and/or hear. Continual use of the hands with wrist and finger movement using a keyboard is required. Specific vision abilities required by this job include long hours viewing a computer monitor screen. The employee may occasionally travel using personal vehicle and/or work outside normal office environment.
UWNEFL reserves the right to adjust work location. This position is currently remote due to COVID-19. Business needs will determine future work location.
This description is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities and qualifications required of all team members assigned to this position. It is intended only to describe the key elements relative to each section. Also, duties and/or requirements of this position may be modified, added or deleted at any time. This supersedes all descriptions previously written for the same position. Unique equivalent skills and experience may possibly substitute for required position requirements.
United Way of Northeast Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Work Environment.