Posting Date: September 4, 2018
Applicateion Date: September 18, 2018
About United Way of Central Ohio
We have one clear purpose: reduce poverty in our community. By bringing people and systems together and mobilizing them to act, we're helping to change community conditions and build a stronger central Ohio.
United Way is seeking a Program Manager for Franklin County’s Tax Time Program.
Tax Time is a coalition of partners that provide free tax preparation assistance throughout central Ohio. The Program Manager is responsible for (1) recruiting and training Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) volunteers; (2) the operation of VITA sites; and (3) the evaluation of site performance.
The Program Manager’s primary responsibility is to strengthen and support the work of
Tax Time by overseeing the VITA program. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Leading and strengthening volunteer training, engagement, and retention.
- Managing operations at VITA sites in partnership with site coordinators and host agencies.
- Ensuring VITA site compliance with IRS regulations.
- Coordinating data collection and preparing reports on VITA site performance.
- Collaborating with VITA programs in surrounding counties to share resources and administer federal VITA grant dollars.
- Assisting with coalition-wide activities such as outreach and events.
- Must be detail oriented with ability to work independently and set priorities.
- Must display excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess strong computer skills (including familiarity with Microsoft Office).
- Must always maintain a professional demeanor and have the ability to interact with diverse populations.
- Must be able to maintain the confidentiality of privileged information.
- Demonstrate thorough appreciation, acceptance of and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and support United Way’s mission, Vision, Value Statements, Service Standards, Confidentiality Standards and Policies and Procedures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Ideal candidate has a Bachelor’s degree, a minimum of two years of human services experience and general knowledge of issues impacting the financial well-being of low- and moderate-income individuals and families.
- Experience with free tax assistance programs desirable.
- Must be able to complete IRS VITA certification at the Advanced Level.
- Have the ability to work a flexible schedule that includes evenings and weekends during the tax season, which runs from January through April.
- Posting Date: September 4, 2018
- Application Deadline: September 18, 2018
Please Note: Submit your resume and cover letter no later than the application deadline using the following link: https://liveunitedcentralohio.org/careers/. Applicants will see a message after successfully completing the online application process. If a message does not appear, then the application was not successfully completed. Please re-submit your application or call 614.227.2700 if you have submission issues.
- Competitive Salary with benefits and free parking. This is a grant funded position for one year, with the possibility of extension contingent on the availability of funds.
United Way is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.