Department: COMMUNITY ANALYTICS & RESEARCH (CAR)
Location: TOLEDO OFFICE/HYBRID
FLSA Job Status: FULL-TIME, EXEMPT
Pay Range: $50,000 - $60,000
Reports to: VP, RESULTS & ANALYTICS
STATEMENT OF THE JOB:
The Systems Analyst I will assist in, validating, assessing, servicing and analyzing organization and community data systems to assist UWGT and partnering agencies with advanced systems analytics and other data products. The Systems Analyst I will receive instruction on how to fill requests from this office to provide insight from the VP, Results & Analytics. This position will help maintain data collection and system analysis while also completing system and data migrations as needed. Data will be extracted from operationally based systems and requires a strong understanding of querying data for items such as mapping, budgets, performance, evaluation, population identifiers, test scores, health rankings and other dimensions of program performance. Additionally, the Systems Analyst I will assist in identifying opportunities to improve systems in support of both outside agencies and internal programs that assess indicators of quality, costs and outcomes. The Systems Analyst I will need at least intermediate subject matter knowledge of systems analytic methods and data architecture for the completion of complex assignments. This role requires creativity and the ability to self start/ self motivate.
Systems Analysis : (70%)
- Develop analysis and evaluations of systems, including:
- Analyze system usage and performance
- Take corrective actions to remedy systems issues
- Create systems performance models and specifications
- Support internal and external system functions and communicate with stakeholders
- Develop ongoing assessment and maintenance plans for necessary systems
- Programming proficiency to troubleshoot issues and develop business solutions.
- Work with research and evaluation analysts to analyze products and programs, including definition of data requirements, data capture and storage, and analyses required to measure and evaluate performance.
- Support translation of program and business needs into analytical solutions
- Communicate and collaborate with other departments and agencies to address problems with data system quality.
- Create mechanisms to extract and reorganize data from existing systems for storage and reporting in departmental databases.
- Maintain supporting documentation of system maintenance, data sources and reporting API processes
- Follows all appropriate data quality and security guidelines.
- Ability to design, build and develop API functionality and other data migration efficiencies
- Data science proficiency with ability to build, calibrate, and maintain collaborative data systems
- Apply machine learning techniques, for predictive analytics and AI
Data Collection, Assessment, Mining, & Scrubbing : (30%)
- Assist in mining and scrubbing existing evaluation reports and data from multiple databases.
- Research public and private evaluation and survey methodologies to assess aggregately aligned approaches for community.
- Conduct rigorous quantitative and qualitative analysis .
- Assess viability of practices.
- Detailed analysis of statistical and research methodologies and program outcomes.
- Keep detailed records on all actions, processes and procedures for change management and adjustment of evaluative techniques.
- Coordinate with the VP to determine timing of development efforts and key milestones.
- Work with VP and IT staff to identify and automate tools that deliver routine performance information.
- Ensure adherence to quality standards and contribute to improvement efforts.
- Review reports and analysis, write findings. Test datasets.
- Work with VP to create training materials and organizational documentation.
- Work collaboratively with data science team, community impact, and directly with programs
- Identify and apply for grant opportunities
- Actively seek continuous improvement opportunities
- Actively participate and lead in local evaluation and measurement initiatives and activities
- Safeguard proprietary processes and methodologies
- Develop training and development materials
- Conduct training and development sessions for large and small groups
- Develop Results Based Accountability (RBA) proficiencies and efficiencies
- Develop and execute project plans
- Present reports and progress to stakeholders
- Additional duties as deemed necessary.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree (Quantitative Field) with an advanced degree (Computer Science, Information Systems, Data Science, Economics, Engineering, Informatics, Evaluation & Measurement) preferred.
- And at least 2 yrs/ experience in the following:
- Complex evaluation assessment and analysis
- Implementation of rigorous evaluation methodologies and frameworks
- Experience developing and implementing proprietary methodologies
- Experience with Data Warehouse and BI systems
- Experience collecting business requirements from clients and transforming requirements into reports and analyses.
- Program management, development, measurement, or administration
- Or, a comparable combination of education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Expertise assisting in producing analytic products.
- Knowledge of evaluation & measurement methodologies, approaches, best practices and application
- Research methodology expertise and successful implementation
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines in a fast paced and changing environment with multiple competing tasks and priorities.
- Support proficiency in the use of analytic and reporting tools such as Microsoft Excel, Tableau, ANDAR and any newly introduced systems.
- Strong customer service skills and commitment to excellent customer service.
- Ability to independently establish objectives, project plans and milestone goals.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good verbal, written and visual presentation skills.
- Ability to anticipate requests and needs in advance and plan accordingly.
- Skills to work effectively across internal functional areas in ambiguous situations.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.