United Way of Western Connecticut Employment Opportunity- Stamford, CT
Stamford Cradle to Career Project Manager
United Way of Western CT is seeking a candidate to fill the position of Stamford Cradle to Career Manager. This is a full-time position based in our Stamford, CT office.
Join a growing organization focused on community change, partnerships, and improving lives in the areas of Education, Financial Stability and Health. United Way of Western Connecticut (UWWC) offices are located in Stamford, Danbury and New Milford. Organization offers excellent benefits package and is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals of diverse racial, ethnic, gender and cultural backgrounds along with bilingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Stamford Cradle to Career Project (SC2C) Manager will report directly to the Project Executive Director for SC2C in facilitating communication and engaging the community in the various components of the SC2C initiative. The United Way of Western CT (UWWC) is a non-profit organization that acts as the backbone agency for the Stamford Cradle to Career. Stamford Cradle to Career is a Collective Impact community wide initiative implementing the StriveTogether Framework to close the achievement gap and develop a strong workforce. This work involves coordination, collaboration and authentic partnership among all stakeholders in a community, including funders, city government, schools, non- profit, private, public organizations and the community at large to focus its energies and dollars on initiatives that result in large scale social change. The Manager will closely collaborate with the UWWC staff around communication.
United Way of Western Connecticut (UWWC) offices are in Stamford, Danbury and New Milford This organization is an equal opportunity employer.
· Support the internal and external communication of the Stamford Cradle to Career initiative.
· Coordinate the Community Action Networks (CANs), including conducting orientation for each CAN to ground them in the basic components of the work upon receiving appropriate training.
· Maintain communication and work collaboratively with volunteers and data analysts to provide support for CANs.
· Facilitate the planning activities of the community partners aligned with the SC2C priority work.
· Assist in convening and organizing partners to develop evidence based continuous improvement action plans.
· Utilize traditional media and most up to date media venues including social media and online communication strategies to disseminate information and messages.
· Provide administrative support for assigned meetings.
· Minimum of 4 years of college with a B.A. degree.
· Demonstrated ability to communicate with multiple audiences in a culturally competent manner.
· Superior communication skills (oral and written).
· Demonstrated experience in project facilitation and management.
· Demonstrated ability to engage a diverse set of partners from all sectors of the community and build relationships.
· Demonstrated ability to create processes and systems.
· Demonstrated capacity to work well with others.
· Evidence of organizational ability and ability to successfully complete assigned projects.
· Excellent technology skills including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook); familiarity and/or skills in graphic design are a plus.
TO APPLY: For consideration, please submit a cover letter (must include salary requirements) and resume to: SC2CManager@uwwesternct.org. (No phone calls please). We will be accepting resumes until the position is filled.