Position Title: Staff Accountant, Grants and Expenses
Status: Full-time, exempt
Salary: An amount in the beginning of the pay range, $51,000 - $54,000 annually, with consideration given for experience above the minimum requirements.
Benefits: Our benefits package includes 100% employer-paid premiums on employee only health, dental, and vision plans; 3-6% employer contributions to 401(k); FSAs, employer-paid life/AD&D/LTD insurance; generous PTO, EIB, and holiday benefits; EAP; tuition reimbursement program; professional and growth and development opportunities; discounted pet insurance; Verizon Wireless discount; inclusive bereavement leave; and free underground parking for eligible employees
Location: This position is based out of our Denver office at 711 Park Ave W, Denver, CO 80205. Currently required to work 3 days/week in office and 2 days/week remote.
COVID-19 Vaccination: In order to protect the health and safety of our staff and the communities we serve, Mile High United Way requires employees, including some designated remote workers, to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination, or submit to weekly testing, or receive a medical or religious exemption.
How You'll Help
This position will be responsible for reviewing accounts payable processes, supports and allocations. It will support the grants billing process, reconciliations, and grant reporting. This position will also be responsible for implementing accepted accounting principles and procedures in performing or reviewing the accounting transactions of others, with a focus on grants and expense accounting. It will provide accounting support to the various departments within Mile High United Way.
- Areas of activity include accounts receivables and payables, cash receipts, general ledger entries, financial report creation and reconciliation, and budget reporting
- Review accounts payable requests, book monthly accruals, review and authorize credit card reimbursements, code payment requests according to budget and/or grant/government requirements
- Prepare monthly accounts payable analysis to ensure all expenses are captured in the correct month when compared to budget
- Assist with monthly budget vs. actual meetings with support services and programs
- Prepare grants billings, monitor collections, and prepare financial reports within required due dates for government and foundation funding sources
- Responsible for preparing summary daily entries to the general ledger and various subsidiary ledgers. Reconciles with source documents/transactions to ensure accuracy. Resolves any discrepancies that may arise
- Provide support with annual audit, Single Audit, and Form 990
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget by assembling initial data and reviewing data compiled by various departments
What You'll Need: Education, Experience, and Skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- 3-5 years of accounting and relevant experience preferred; minimum 2 years of experience required.
- Experience with government grants and reporting, preferred.
- High degree of accuracy
- Excellent written, oral, and strong interpersonal communication skills
- Well-organized, with the ability to handle multiple priorities
- Proven ability to adapt to changing business needs in a dynamic environment
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work independently without close supervision
- Ability to operate under time pressure in a high-volume environment
- Experience with Microsoft Office Products, proficient in the use of Excel; Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central package preferred.
Computer Skills: Advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills, including strong Excel skills
Working Environment: Typical office environment with occasional out-of-office meetings
Physical Activities: Requires standing/sitting for extensive periods of time. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 40 lbs.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the position.
Ready to apply? If you are on Mile High United Way's website, you can apply by completing the information in the "Apply Now" box. If you're on a job board, you can apply through the job board or by visiting the Careers page of our website.
Mile High United Way is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
We will endeavor to make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants who have disabilities which hinder their ability to complete the application process. Please contact us at 303-433-8383 to request accommodation in the application process.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.