Headquartered in Albuquerque, United Way of Central New Mexico (UWCNM) serves the people of four counties: Bernalillo, Sandoval, Torrance, and Valencia. Its mission is to bring people and resources together to measurably improves lives and strengthen our communities.
UWCNM brings together donors, businesses, nonprofits, government, and others to create better solutions to our community’s challenges. Our programs and donor dollars ensure that individuals and families in Central New Mexico have the opportunity to achieve potential through education, that they are healthy and safe, are financially stable and live life with dignity.
UWCNM has a strong commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and is seeking a Staff Accountant – Accounts Receivable who will contribute to this cross-functional organizational initiative and uphold the following values:
- We value the visible and invisible qualities that make you who you are.
- We welcome that every person brings a unique perspective and experience to advance our mission and progress our fight for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community.
- We believe that each United Way community member, donor, volunteer, advocate, and employee must have equal access to solving community problems.
- We strive to include diversity, equity, and inclusion practices at the center of our daily work.
- We commit to using these practices for our business and our communities.
As part of the finance team, the Staff Accountant (A/R) is responsible for the daily operations of the payment processing of payroll deduction payments and all non-ADT payments received, including streamlining and improving the process. Additional responsibilities include providing customer service to donors and agencies, aiding volunteers and temps, and supporting the staff. The Staff Accountant (A/R) works directly with the General Ledger Accountant to ensure all payments are posted properly in Enterprise and in MIP in a timely fashion.
- Print checks and backup for items posted to the lockbox
- Deposit checks thru the desktop deposit for checks received in the mail
- Keep accurate spreadsheets updated for desktop deposits (DD), EFT deposits (EFT), and lockbox deposits (BOKF)
- Confirm that company pledges for the payments we are receiving are set up in Enterprise, and enter pledges when needed
- Confirm that all employee payments that we are receiving have pledges set up in Enterprise, and enter pledges when needed
- Post payments in Enterprise
- Help with data temps as needed
- Support the General Ledger Accountant with MIP journal entries and to ensure all deposits are properly posted
- Supply reports as needed to CFO or managers to aid in decision making
- Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS [EXPERIENCE]:
Associates’ degree or equivalent experience required. Three years’ experience in non-profit finance. Experience with Abila MIP software. Must be able to meet deadlines and be flexible. Must be detail oriented. Requires the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a high level of organizational skills and interpersonal skills.
Standard PC based office equipment.
Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Beginning salary is $45,000 annually
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter and resume by May 28, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org.