Under the direction of the Controller, this position is responsible for the timely and accurate handling of cash, bank deposits, payables, and other finance-related duties.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prepare all bank deposits in a timely manner.
- Maintain cash receipts in the accounting software system including all deposits, fees, and interest.
- Data entry of all designation check registers.
- Processing of campaign pledges for data entry into accounting systems.
- Reconcile and process quarterly campaign distribution checks.
- A/P, A/R, P/R, and all petty cash disbursements.
- Processing accounts payable ensuring they are reviewed and approved by the appropriate person.
- Prepare weekly aging reports for review and approval.
- Responsible for new vendor set up.
- Processing annual 1099 forms accurately and timely.
- Maintain organized finance department files.
- Assist as needed with other finance functions.
Knowledge, Skills, and Expertise
- Experience in all phases of basic accounting (A/R, A/P, multiple accounts)
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred. A minimum of an associate’s degree or equivalent is required.
- A minimum of 2 years’ nonprofit work experience.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office and accounting software.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously on a continual basis.
- Strong communication – ability to read and comprehend instructions, memos, correspondence, along with writing correspondence.
- Strong math skills.
- Ability to apply a common sense understanding to carry out instructions.