About United Way of Greater Houston:
For nearly 100 years, United Way of Greater Houston has brought together diverse partners and approaches to get to the root of complex challenges holding people back.
We are a driving force for good that connects our neighbors to opportunities to thrive. We help our neighbors achieve financial stability, support families and youth with physical and behavioral health and educational services along the way, and provide the safety net that catches the most vulnerable.
And, we manage every gift with care - shepherding your donation to make the greatest impact in the place we call home.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Working closely with the Donor Relations team, the Sr. Relationship Manager will lead the creation and execution of strategies to optimize relationships with individual donors at the leadership giving level of $2,500 - 10,000. The incumbent will be responsible for setting and achieving annual fundraising goals around donor acquisition, donor retention, donor growth and donor engagement.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Fundraising: Will set goals for assigned engagement groups. Goals will include overall dollars raised, donor retention, donor acquisition and donor growth. Goals for membership will be set, and will include new members, overall member numbers and member retention. The incumbent will design metrics to determine success within engagement groups. Will work closely with the appropriate donor relations leadership to ensure coordination of fundraising efforts. Conducts a minimum of 8 individual donor calls each month.
Strategy Development: Responsible for creating and driving innovative strategies that will optimize donor experiences within members of UWGH Engagement Groups. This strategy will include investigating other Houston area related groups, designing new opportunities and/or revitalizing existing efforts with outside voices and incorporating meaningful opportunities for community members to be inspired to be part of the United Way movement. The incumbent will work cross-functionally within the Donor Relations team strategy to ensure the execution of events, development of sponsorship opportunities, etc. Responsible for execution of developed strategy in partnership with their team, as well as support from across the organization.
Stewardship of Assigned Engagement Groups: Provide leadership, strategy development and execution for all assigned Engagement Groups, including membership and dollar goal setting and attainment, meaningful member engagement activation as well as volunteer leadership management and recruitment for all Committee Chairs and Steering Committee members.
Annual Goals: Serve on cross functional teams as needed to further the mission of UWGH team to ensure the success of the assigned Engagement Groups and that goals reflect, align and contribute to the broader goals of the organization. Achieve the annual fundraising, engagement, and donor call goals.
Bachelor's degree or better and 5 years demonstrated history of successful sales, fundraising, or relevant experience.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.