Are you a nonprofit fundraising professional with 4+ years’ experience leading seasonal campaigns and donor stewardship?
Are you passionate about supporting local, regional, and national philanthropic efforts?
We are currently searching for a Senior Director of Resource Development for a Community Organization. The position is based in the Fresno, CA area. This is a full-time, permanent opportunity.
MODALITY: Hybrid; onsite with remote flexibility
ANNUAL SALARY: Commensurate with experience, benefits available
Is This Your Dream Job? Reporting to the President/CEO and Vice President of Impact and Resource Development, the Senior Director of Resource Development is responsible for meeting or exceeding the fundraising goals of the organization while operating within the approved expense budget and provides strategic leadership, fiscal management, and oversight of all fundraising and events. Working in collaboration with the Program Director, the Senior Director will work to plan and successfully carry out the strategies and events on behalf of the organization.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- 4+ years of nonprofit fundraising experience, workplace giving experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of corporate philanthropy in California.
- Ability to promote diversity and an ability to build collaboration with the community at large.
- Experience managing teams in developing partnerships, building teams and conflict management.
- Experience in building revenue and increasing programmatic memberships.
- Demonstrated high level of intelligence and intellectual curiosity and a desire to explore new ideas and innovative approaches to solving problems.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage subordinate staff and maintain high employee morale.
- Ability to multitask and work under tight deadlines in a fast-paced office environment.
- Experience securing, writing, and managing grants and contracts.
- Possess a valid California Driver’s License and reliable vehicle
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Responsible for all aspects of fundraising activities including but not limited to: workplace giving campaign, corporate sponsorships, individual donors, and foundations.
- Work closely with the President and CEO to develop and implement the fund development plan.
- Develop and implement effective fundraising plans and programs that achieve the mission and goals of the organization for current income and endowments, within the framework of the organizational values, plans, policies, and budget, and in concert with the organization’s role in the community.
- Provide annual strategic department plan for fundraising activities with Objectives, Goals, Strategies, Tactics and Measurements and/or Outcomes.
- Direct and manage all major gift fundraising.
- Provide plans, reports, and counsel as needed by the President and CEO, Board, staff, and external constituencies regarding the fundraising plans and achievements.
- Represent the organization to key public and individual supporters, and share in the public speaking, gift solicitation, and donor cultivation activities.
- Ensure an accurate and complete database of donors, prospects, key supporters, and campaigners.
- Further develop, implement and grow a leadership giving program for Emerging Leader Donors; Leadership Giving Society Donors; Tocqueville Society Donors; and Initiative Donors.
- Ensure appropriate donor and campaign volunteer recognition.
- Recruit, develop, train and mobilize a dynamic team of volunteers for all fundraising activities.
- Implement ‘best practices’ in all fundraising activities e.g. CEO Visits; Campaign Kickoffs; ECM Training; Loaned Executive Sponsorships; Campaign Cabinet; Volunteer Management; Recognition Programs; Emerging Leaders and Leadership Giving Society Programs.
- Oversee the entire resource development department including staff and volunteers.
- Develop goals and strategies to further the mission and promote accountability within the resource development department
- Contribute to the leadership and management of the organization, including participation on the Executive Team and in meetings of the Board.
- Team with executive and management team to develop and implement effective processes and procedures for desired outcomes of department and organization goals, objectives, mission and vision.
- Manage contracts associated with fundraising activities meeting all local, state and federal timelines.
- Recruit, develop, train, direct, support, retain, and evaluate a highly effective resource development team of paid staff and volunteers.
- Develop and manage an expense budget to support the fundraising activities of the organization.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Senior Director of Resource Development” in the subject line.