United Way of the Greater Lehigh Valley Job Posting
Posting Date: 1/19/2022
Position: Sr. Director, Finance
Department: Finance & Administration
Supervisor: Debra Klocek, VP, Finance & Administration
Status: Salary, Exempt, Full-time
Salary Range:$65k - $70k Annually
The Sr. Director, Finance oversees the accounting function of the organization including the coordination of department workflow, supervision of 5 accounting staff and ensuring exceptional customer service by Finance to both internal and external customers. This position is responsible for ensuring timely and accurate financial statements and all corresponding accounting records within the guidelines and policies of the organization. Specific responsibilities also include ensuring internal controls, assisting with preparation of the annual budget, general ledger reconciliation, assist the organization’s auditors in preparation of the annual public audit, manage the collection and entry of campaign envelopes by the pledge entry team and the workplace campaign team.
Work Experience and/or Education
- Minimum 5 years work experience in overseeing the accounting function (preferably for a non-profit).
- Minimum 5 years work experience in directly supervising staff
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting considered in lieu of some work experience
- Experience leading volunteer committees in a non-profit environment
- Familiar with audit process and coordination
- Proficient in the use of accounting and donor/pledge tracking software in a non-profit environment
- Proficient in the latest Microsoft Office Environment (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, MS Teams),
- Ability to recognize and institute proper accounting controls for cash, general, and subsidiary ledgers
- Comfort and proficiency with presentation skills both one-on-one and publicly
- Understanding of and commitment to the mission, vision, and goals of United Way
- Staff members who drive a vehicle on UWGLV business must provide proof of a valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions. United Way of the Greater Lehigh Valley is an equal opportunity employer.
In addition to the base pay and annual merit increases this position is eligible for our org-wide performance based annual bonus package which is typically 3%-5% of base pay. The benefits package includes subsidized medical and dental insurance, fully paid life and ltd insurance, an employee funded vision insurance option, a 401k retirement plan with employer contributions and a generous paid leave policy.
Remote Work, Travel & Schedule
This position is eligible for the UWGLV telework policy which allows up to 30% of the work schedule to be done remotely. The work schedule is flexible within normal business hours Monday – Friday. This position does not require travel, weekends or evening work.