It's through our work that we impact lives by replacing vulnerability with empowerment, poverty with opportunity and despair with hope. Join our team and join us in the fight for a stronger Miami!
United Way of Miami Dade is hiring for a Specialist, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) to join our team. As a Specialist, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning you will manage the strategic MEL functions of the United Way Center for Financial Stability.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Effectively lead the development and implementation of the Center’s Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) framework and plan, under the guidance of the Center Director
- Contribute to the development and implementation of a results-based roadmap to a more financially resilient South Florida through targeted and balanced MEL tools and methods, comprehensively monitoring performance, evaluating activities, and supporting continuous learning
- Develop familiarity with UWCFS core operations, aimed at helping others build financial capability, change financial behavior, and achieve financial goals
- Analyze current performance monitoring tools and procedures to identify opportunities for improvement and efficiencies
- Integrate and manage MEL activities throughout Center operations, providing technical assistance and training to staff and partners as needed
- Produce analytical and technical reports that effectively communicate MEL results, programmatic impact, and lessons learned
- Support collective impact efforts, developing indicators and evaluation methods to assess performance across partnering programs and agencies
- Create and support sustainable internal innovation capabilities at the Center, applying Design Thinking principles and helping the team move from high-level ideas to concrete concepts, validated business models, and successful go-to-market strategies
- Build relationships and liaise with a wide range of public and private sector partners to enhance the work of the UWCFS and maximize impact, as needed
- Understand United Way and effectively interact with other areas internally to maximize and leverage opportunities for synergy and collaboration
- Due to leadership role United Way is called upon to play in the community, particularly in times of crisis, it is the expectation that all United Way staff will be fully engaged in the organization’s crisis plan and response efforts
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree preferred
Two to three years’ work experience, demonstrated ability to design and manage monitoring, evaluation and learning systems.
Knowledge and expertise in data collection, entering, cleaning, transforming and validating data.
Demonstrated ability to model MEL data to draw insights and make recommendations on adapting programming, enabling data driven decision-making.
Salary : $50,000
UWMD is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace, to view our EEO statement, Drug-Free policy and Summary of Benefits, please visit our Career site homepage at www.unitedwaymiami.org