The Specialist, Global Corporate Partnerships (SGCP) is responsible for operational and administrative support for the Global Corporate Partnerships team and the Vice President of Global Corporate Partnerships (VP). The SGCP supports the VP and the team with projects and tasks throughout the sales and donor cycle for current and future partners, as well as the Global Corporate Partnership program. The SGCP manages internal functions of the team including but not limited to recording and managing partnership details, tracking financials, as well as coordinating materials for team and partner meetings. The SGCP works closely with other internal and external stakeholders, including local United Ways, to plan, coordinate, execute, steward and problem solve campaigns and the program. This role provides administrative and other support as needed to the VP. A successful SGCP will work at a high level, manage multiple priorities, have strong attention-to-detail, clearly and concisely communicate, be politically savvy, and be able to connect and collaborate with all levels.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF POSITION
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below at a satisfactory level:
- Support the corporate partnerships team to meet or exceed annual goals, quantitatively and qualitatively, and to build a sustainable pipeline.
- Assist the corporate partnerships team in new partner, renewal, and cause marketing strategies including negotiated campaigns and activities.
- Draft and edit briefings, proposals, strategy documents and other materials for the corporate partnerships team in preparation for, and in follow-up to, internal and external meetings.
- Create engaging presentations and templates using graphics, tables, charts and other advanced features to present UWW professionally. Work within the standards of the UWW brand standards.
- Collaborate with colleagues in the network including but not limited to, local United Ways, marketing, impact programming, operations, finance, and other stakeholders, in the development of customized and effective proposals, successful partner announcements and communications, and other organizational materials.
- Build collaborative relationships with local United Ways to support team’s collective and individual needs and promote the working relationship between the global and local offices of the United Way.
- Audit and ensure that accurate information regarding corporate partnerships is posted and maintained on multiple internal and external facing platforms.
- Provide proactive updates to internal and external stakeholders, departmental and organizational leadership.
- Determine and refine an annual work plan for the corporate partnerships team including timelines, tactics, deliverables, and resource requirements.
- Track all aspects of the sales and execution cycle and other vital information using the appropriate platforms (currently Salesforce CRM), as requested.
- Pull, review and reconcile corporate pipeline and other reports.
- Assist in the preparation of all projections and reports under the direction and supervision of the Vice President.
- Organize, memorialize, and distribute information from corporate team and other strategic meetings, monitoring and following up on assigned tasks and due dates.
- Collaborate with strategic third parties to further corporate fundraising and relationships.
- Assist with all administrative and operations functions needed by the Vice President, maintaining confidentiality and privacy as warranted.
- Look for and suggest ways to improve and streamline processes for better organization and efficiency.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum requirements include:
- A Bachelor’s degree in business, business management, or a related field, or commensurate experience.
- 3 – 5 years of experience working in nonprofit development, sales support, administration, account management, or similar.
- Commitment to advance the mission of United Way Worldwide.
- Well organized, reliable, accomplished, and dedicated professional with solid background and proven record of strong administrative and operational support.
- Core competencies in account management, problem solving, strategic planning, process improvement, software applications (collaborative, word processing, meeting, and spreadsheet), business development, strong writing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as customer service skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a proactive approach toward problem-solving
- High energy level, demonstrated flexibility and strong collaboration skills.
- Able to effectively communicate and work at many levels within a large organization with competing priorities.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, innate curiosity, and ability to embrace ambiguity.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities, and skills. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable disabled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
NOTE: If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted. Thank you.
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE
United Way Worldwide seeks diverse, qualified professionals who want to make a difference in the world. If you are passionate about your work and desire to help others achieve enhanced education, income, and health, United Way Worldwide is the place for you.
United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, veteran status, marital status, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, and other legally protected characteristics, in accordance with applicable laws. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 703-683-7874 and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni to apply.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA. We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including: health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability, employee assistance program, 403(b) plan, tuition assistance, paid time off, family sick leave, medical appointment leave, parental/adoption leave, dress for your day, free parking, onsite gym, monthly volunteering opportunities, and more.
UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE’S DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION STATEMENT OF PRINCIPLE
We take the broadest possible view of diversity.
We value the visible and invisible qualities that make you who you are.
We welcome that every person brings a unique perspective and experience to advance our mission and progress our fight for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community.
We believe that each United Way community member, donor, volunteer, advocate, and employee must have equal access to solving community problems.
We strive to include diversity, equity, and inclusion practices at the center of our daily work.
We commit to using these practices for our business and our communities.
Join us in embracing diversity, equity and inclusion for every person in every community.