Location: Manatee, Sarasota, and DeSoto Counties, FL (Hybrid Work Environment)
Do you want to be part of a non-profit organization that makes a difference in your community? Do you want to be part of a passionate team focused on improving the lives of others? Now is your opportunity! United Way Suncoast is seeking a Corporate Philanthropy Associate. United Way Suncoast leverages relationships and invests resources to drive social change. We lead the community in achieving measurable results in the areas of Early Literacy, Youth Success, and Financial Stability. Our Vision is uniting people, ideas, and resources to advance the common good. Our Mission is to break the cycle of generational poverty through educational programs that give children the skills to succeed and help adults achieve long-term financial stability, so they can support themselves and their families.
We're not asking you to apply for a job. We're asking you to embrace a movement that gives people the freedom to rise. In return, you'll be embraced by colleagues that will appreciate every contribution you make.
Our team members enjoy a work environment built on transparency and trust. There are many growth opportunities including the ability to learn about and contribute to efforts across the organization. We offer a competitive total rewards package including shortened benefit eligibility periods, several weeks of PTO, and no cost medical and dental options to name a few!
Objectives & Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement annual and long-range strategy for assigned portfolio of accounts under $10,000 to increase giving and levels of participation for corporate partnerships and individual giving and engagement. Assist others with larger accounts.
- Work with volunteer leadership and the Corporate Philanthropy Team to establish and execute customized corporate and employee engagement strategies for portfolio of donors.
- Prioritize and balance annual funding needs with emerging priorities, including special campaigns and initiatives.
- Serve as a liaison and engage donors with affinity groups, community engagement, and other opportunities as identified.
- Manage donor data efficiently and effectively in the CRM system.
- Accurately project annual and multi-year revenue through assigned portfolio.
- Serve as an external representative of United Way Suncoast’s mission, vision, and values by participating in committees, serving as spokesperson, and creating and delivering presentations to present key messages on the local, regional, and national platform.
- Lead special projects that promote the fundraising efforts of the resource development team as needed.
Qualifications & Skills for Success:
- Two (2) years relevant, progressively responsible work experience in account management, fundraising, sales, public relations, or related field. Experience in consultative sales is preferred.
- Ability to work and drive extensively in-the field within the Suncoast region.
- Bilingual or multilingual (English/Spanish/Creole) a plus.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
- Behaviors reflect a belief that individuals from diverse backgrounds lead to a more successful organization.
- Educates oneself about DEI issues within the organization and community.
- Demonstrates a willingness to become aware of and address one’s own implicit biases.
- Deliberately works to include individuals from underrepresented backgrounds in efforts both internally and externally as appropriate.
- Identifies and integrates the tools and resources needed to create more equitable environments.