The Impact Content Manager reports to the Vice President of Strategy and Knowledge Development. The Impact and Knowledge Development unit within Community Engagement department serves as the central source for analyzing, sharing, and learning from community impact data to communicate progress and provide actionable insights to inform strategy. The relationships, processes and deliverables of the Impact and Knowledge Development Unit strengthen United Way’s ability to make data driven decisions, communicate to key stakeholders, and enhance the organization’s reputation among nonprofit, philanthropic, and corporate leaders as a resource and thought leader in turning community data into knowledge and action.
The Impact Content Manager is a new role within the Impact and Knowledge Development unit of the Community Engagement department. The creation of this role has been developed to support new Salesforce Philanthropy Cloud platform and to the overall increased need to tell the story of United Way’s impact through compelling, concise, understandable narratives.
This role supports the goals of
- Gathering and developing a wide variety of content that demonstrates the value-added processes, strategies and collective efforts of United Way and its partners in the community;
- Increasing awareness and knowledge among donors and other key stakeholders about key issues related to Child Well-Being and how United Way and its partners are collectively making progress.
- Work collaboratively within community engagement, and across the organization, especially with the marketing content manager, to identify, cultivate and develop captivating and compelling impact content in a variety formats
- Support and implement content development processes for the Salesforce Philanthropy Cloud implementation
- Conduct interviews with a variety of leaders, program participants, community residents and stakeholders who serve in different roles to support Child Well-Being
- Produce content (stories, presentations and other resources) to communicate United Way’s impact and make data drive decisions projects, independently
- Act as an “information concierge” to help marketing and other stakeholders within the organization understand what impact stories/content is available
- Stay up to date on trends and provide recommendations on communicating community impact (neighborhood transformation, collective impact and other issues connected to Child Well-Being)
Qualifications & Expectations
This role requires a blend of superior creative skills and analytical skills, ability to understand and share meaningful stories of impact.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field – Nonprofit Management, Communications, Journalism; Research or Public Policy with a strong emphasis in writing
- 3-5 years experience storytelling and writing for a variety of audiences
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to address a variety audiences
- Ability to understand and convert detailed data analysis, maps and reports into compelling and understandable stories
- Excellent project management skills - attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects
A successful individual in this role will be:
- An excellent communicator and storyteller with strong listening and writing skills
- Able to demonstrate the value-add and the connections between individual and community impact
- Able to take complex stories and issues and turn them into easily digestible content
- Resourceful, creative problem-solver
- Organized, goal oriented with
- A strong collaborator and comfortable with working in a highly dynamic environment
- Intellectually curious