August 13, 2019
Job Announcement: Social Media Strategist
United Way of King County is a recognized leader in solving the community’s toughest challenges. Come and work for an organization that is working to create a community where people have homes, students graduate, and families are financially stable. We are looking for a Social Media Strategist to join our Brand, Marketing, and Communications Team and be part of the solution!
The Social Media Strategist is responsible for connecting with new audiences on a variety of social platforms to extend our brand and grow awareness. This person is creative and highly motivated by the work we do. This position manages and executes an online strategy that attracts a new audience and engages them in a way that will make them more likely to want to invest in United Way of King County’s work in the community. This position works cross-team to create, curate and manage all published content, video and written.
- Manages our social media presence to drive online awareness of United Way, attract a new audience, and engage them in United Way’s work.
- Builds and manages the annual social media budget to meet engagement goals.
- Generates compelling content that works across social media platforms; facilitates ways to share content ideas across the organization; works with Community Services Team and others to develop relevant content.
- Aggressively grows followers and engagement on social media such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram; establishes a presence on LinkedIn.
- Regularly tests converting social media followers to donors.
- Uses social media to engage the Emerging Leader group and helps convert them to donors.
- Works directly with high-level volunteers to promote United Way across all social Media channels.
- Identifies influencers in the community, builds and leverages relationships.
- Tracks and evaluates social media effectiveness across events and campaigns; manages monthly digital dashboard and shares with others to improve future content.
- Coordinates with stakeholders across the organization, including the Brand team, for compelling content in our key product areas.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Intermediate to advanced fluency in all major social media platforms.
- Excellent communication skills – written, verbal, and graphic form.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office and knowledge of Photoshop or other platforms used to create basic graphic content.
- Intermediate proficiency on iMovie to create compelling video content.
- Proven ability to multi-task and thrives in a fast-paced team environment.
- Resourceful in utilizing our strong partnerships to access perks that can help build our online community, leverage resources and build those relationships internally.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proven team player and collaborator.
- Demonstrated creativity, innovation and good judgement.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, in marketing, digital media/communications or related field. Three years’ experience with a variety of social media environments and have a firm understanding of trends, best practices and metrics in social media outlets. Experience growing and leveraging communities on social networks. One year budgeting experience preferred.
The annual recruitment range is $57,000-$58,500, depending on successful experience and prior accomplishments. Priority will be given to applications received by Friday, August 23rd, however, applications will be accepted on a continuous basis until the position is filled. Don’t hesitate, apply here today.
Note: All candidates MUST apply on our Careers Website in order to be considered for this position.
United Way of King County is an exceptional workplace that can provide you with:
- Opportunity to work with smart, passionate and enthusiastic team members and volunteers
- Working with diverse staff and other constituents
- Culture of high-performance expectations and accountability
- Exciting and challenging work
- Opportunity to help solve the community's toughest problems
- Competitive pay that is commensurate with demonstrated successful performance and experience
Additionally, we offer a full package of competitive benefits for our full-time, regular staff. Benefits include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and employee assistance services
- Annual accrual of 20 days paid time off
- 10 paid scheduled holidays
- 1 floating holiday and 1 discretionary day off
- Catastrophic leave
- Subsidized Orca Card Transit pass
- 403(b) retirement savings plan and employer match
- Other benefits that we are happy to discuss with you
United Way of King County is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We strongly encourage people of color to apply.
We are an Employer of National Service: AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.