United Way of Salt Lake (UWSL) is changing the way organizations, communities, schools, governments, and individuals work to fix complex social problems. Together, we can help every child and family succeed at school and life. UWSL’s workplace is fast-paced, friendly, adaptive, and grounded in our core values: relationships, continuous improvement, equity, and results. We offer competitive compensation including a comprehensive benefit package, generous paid time off, and flexible schedules. People with diverse backgrounds and abilities are encouraged to apply. Join us in changing the world and giving everyone in our community the opportunity to live their best life.
The Social Media Manager (SMM) is responsible for overseeing and administering the UWSL, 5B45, and 211 social media accounts. The SMM will be responsible for creating original text, images, and video content, scheduling posts, responding to followers, and engaging with our partners’ posts. The SMM will manage UWSL’s brand and social media content, strategize on campaigns, optimize outreach, and utilize social media marketing tools for monitoring and reporting purposes. In addition, the SMM assists the marketing team in developing engaging digital content for regular email campaigns, ad campaigns, and the blog. This position calls for a combination of creativity and technical insight to develop strong user experiences and track analytics.
- Design and implement social media strategy to align with business goals.
- Generate, edit, publish, and share engaging content on a regular basis (persuasive and compelling copy that is brand consistent and drives user action.)
- Perform research on current benchmark trends and audience preferences. Have keen insight into target audiences and be relied upon to support and help implement marketing initiatives.
- Set specific objectives and report on return on investment.
- Develop strategies to engage with partners and community stakeholders on their social media pages.
- Collaborate with departments to ensure brand consistency.
- Communicate with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner and monitor public reviews.
- Collaborate with our design team to develop the look and feel of our social media accounts
- Suggest and implement new features to develop brand awareness.
- Stay up to date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools, and applications. Edit copy for a wide range of social media platforms including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and digital ads.
- Utilize Salesforce digital platform, Social Studio, to manage and engage with UWSL social media accounts including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Research and keep up to date on new technology platforms that can assist in reporting and scheduling, as well as learn about new social media platforms our brands can be a part of.
- Maintain relationships with key team members and technical support teams.
- Cross-train on email marketing tools and web edits.
- Understands facets of social media management
- Anticipates and adopts innovations in building digital and technology applications
- Project management – status, details, and accountabilities of self and others
- Ability to create new and better ways for the organization to be successful
- Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences. Skilled at creative writing
- Ensures information is complete and accurate, follows up with others to ensure agreements and commitments have been fulfilled
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, marketing, journalism or comparable experience
- Minimum of 2 years of measurable performance and experience in social media marketing
- Basic understanding of SEO best practices
- Full understanding of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram platforms and ad managers
- Experience with Social Studio or similar social publishing tool
- Experience using online metrics (Google Analytics) to measure, analyze, and interpret data
- Understanding of Google AdWords and Paid Search in social platforms a plus
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus
The employee is regularly required to communicate clearly, and exchange accurate information interpersonally or through communication devices. Must be able to learn new systems and procedures prepare and analyze data and figures; constantly operate a computer and other standard office machinery. Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time. The position requires occasional movement on- and off site to prepare for events and must have the ability to move, position, or install objects weighing up to 15lbs.
This is a non-exempt, benefited position, wage to commensurate with experience.