UWBA is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. UWBA is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff and an inclusive workplace that values equity. We welcome applications from immigrants, BIPOC, LGBTQ applicants, and people with lived experience in poverty.
Reports to: Senior Manager of Digital Marketing
Classification: Union Support/Non-exempt
Closing Date: Open until filled
The United Way Bay Area (UWBA) is leading a network of corporations, government agencies, nonprofits, and individuals to create lasting change for Bay Area residents and families. With a history that spans over 90 years and programs that tackle the issue of local poverty from every angle, UWBA is uniquely positioned to mobilize and motivate all sectors of the community toward the vision of ending the cycle of poverty.
As UWBA responds to cultural shifts in the workplace, fundraising, and digital communications, it is guided by core values of innovation and results-driven creativity. Through a variety of existing and emerging initiatives, UWBA seeks to both strengthen and reimagine its work at all levels in order to provide more and better opportunities for struggling Bay Area residents.
For more information about UWBA, please visit http://uwba.org.
This role will be responsible for planning, implementing, and managing United Way Bay Area’s social media channels in order to increase brand awareness, align with marketing campaigns efforts, and encourage our audiences to take action.
The Social Media and Content Specialist’s focus will be to leverage social media marketing channels by creating, distributing, and curating high-value, effective social content and campaigns for our core audience while providing responsive engagement to our online community. Ideal candidates will have 3 years of experience curating, managing, and executing organic and paid social media campaigns.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with colleagues from various departments to create social plans as part of our integrated marketing programs, and then execute toward goals
- Develop and implement online influencer strategy to help meet marketing goals
- Develop relationships with our audience and partners via social—always with a proactive, customer-first, and helpful mindset
- Generate original content in the correct format and on time (including but not limited to static images, video, short-form GIFs/boomerangs/banners, etc.) as well as utilize content from our external content partner
- Learn and utilize all capabilities of our social media software (Salesforce Social Studio)
- Schedule and maintain our social media calendar and cadence of paid ads
- Continuously improve engagement by analyzing relevant social metrics, insights, and best practices
- Collaborate with other departments to manage reputation, identify key players, and coordinate content
- Participate at events to capture photography and/or video (when considered safe to do so)
- Responsible for understanding and leveraging analytics to provide channel metrics on a weekly basis and provide monthly recommendations to grow our audience, audience engagement and encourage users to take action
Who you are:
- Sense of humor, strong work ethic and willingness to get the job done
- Highly creative and collaborative
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent writing skills
- Academic background in marketing, communications, journalism or relevant experience (bonus points for experience in non-profit)
- 3 years of relevant social media experience for a company or professional organization and knowledge of key social channels (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.) (bonus points for experience in TikTok)
- Passion for social impact programs and demonstrates strong intercultural competency
- Experience using social media automation platforms
- Exceptionally skilled at image curation and visual storytelling
- Experience with Canva and/or Adobe Creative Suite, creating gifs and other lightweight video social content
- Acute awareness of social best practices per channel and real-time key social trends
Salary: $56,000 - $60,000 depending on level of experience
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
UWBA does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender (including actual or perceived gender, and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, marital status, medical condition, religious affiliation, veteran status, national origin, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state, federal or local law. Applicants must be able to work legally in the United States. UWBA will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in the manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for a job, please let us know. If the reason you need an accommodation is not obvious, we may ask for documentation confirming your functional limitations.
TO APPLY: Login at www.uwba.org/careers and submit your resume along with cover letter.
To foster an open and impartial application review process that minimizes the potential for bias, please remove any reference to academic institutions from which you obtained any degree, if applicable, for example, simply list “Bachelor of Arts in Sociology”. Not having a degree will not preclude you from being considered; applicable work experience is equally considered.