UWBA is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. UWBA is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff and an inclusive workplace that values equity. We welcome applications from immigrants, BIPOC, LGBTQ applicants, and people with lived experience in poverty.
- Department: Development
- Reports to: Senior Director, Corporate Engagement
- Classification: Non-Exempt, Full Time
- Status: Temporary Position (six months from date of hire), Union
United Way Bay Area (UWBA) mobilizes the Bay Area to dismantle the root causes of poverty and build equitable pathways to prosperity UWBA brings together partners from the nonprofit, business, and government sectors to address Bay Area poverty. We partner across sectors, develop solutions, capture the data we need, and use those insights to support public policy and create research-backed community initiatives. These initiatives include:
- Housing Justice: Improve access to stable, affordable housing and homelessness prevention.
- Employment & Career Opportunities: Build systems and pathways to career and employment opportunities.
- Financial Stability: Help families increase income and savings on their way to financial stability.
- Basic Needs: Ensure access to basic needs like food, housing, and legal services.
UWBA is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff and an inclusive workplace that values equity. We particularly welcome applications from immigrants, BIPOC, LGBTQ+ applicants, and people with lived experience in poverty. To foster an open and impartial application review process that minimizes the potential for bias, please remove any reference to academic institutions from which you obtained a degree, if applicable, for example, simply list “Bachelor of Arts in Sociology”. Not having a degree will not preclude you from being considered; applicable work experience is equally considered.
For more information about UWBA, please visit www.uwba.org.
Did you know one in four families in the Bay Area are struggling to make ends meet? The face of poverty might be closer than you think. It could be your co-worker, your neighbor, or your friend. Want to help us do something about it? United Way Bay Area is searching for an engaging, resourceful, and creative individual to help us sustain and grow programs that reach over 250,000 people each year.
The Social Impact Fellow will support our dynamic and passionate corporate engagement team’s revenue raising efforts by identifying new partnership opportunities, and by deepening the relationships with our current portfolio of partners through cultivating, managing, and growing corporate and employee engagement. This position will provide support with research, CRM data entry, fundraising campaigns execution, external-facing company presentations, stewardship and cultivation of individual donors within company portfolios, grant-writing, and help with execution of volunteer activities.
The Social Impact Fellow will have the ability to work with a broad range of people, be a team player and collaborator, possess strong communication skills and the ability to interact with donors on an individual and group basis. This position will work closely with the Sr. Director of Corporate Engagement and the Senior Director, Institutional Grants and will collaborate with other team members within Development and across departments including the Finance, Marketing, and Community Impact Team.
What you’ll do:
- Work in close collaboration with the Corporate Engagement team to facilitate the management and coordination of corporate giving campaigns.
- Cultivate ongoing relationships with corporate account representatives, individual donors, and prospective donors to identify their philanthropic interests and enhance their knowledge and support of UWBA.
- Conduct public presentations about United Way’s impact and work to audiences of various makeup and sizes.
- Conduct research on new and existing corporate partners and their social and community impact goals.
- Provide support to grants team if needed, gathering information and data from other departments, drafting reports, and editing/reviewing proposals and reports.
- Utilize Salesforce.com effectively to manage donor data and communications.
- Build rapport with all internal teams, quickly becoming part of the United Way family.
Who you are:
- Must commit to the full period of six months at 37.5 hours per week.
- Must be a team player, a collaborative go-getter and self-starter with a positive attitude.
- Should possess a friendly and outgoing demeanor- the kind of person who gets along with everyone. You’re a natural connector.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and at ease when speaking in front of an audience.
- Attention to detail, deadline-oriented, and organized - copy editing experience preferred but not required.
- CRM and data entry experience preferred but not required.
- Must have a valid California driver’s license and access to public transportation for potential local travel.
Salary: $48,000 - $51,675 ($24.61 - $26.50)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
UWBA does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender (including actual or perceived gender, and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, marital status, medical condition, religious affiliation, veteran status, national origin, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state, federal or local law. Applicants must be able to work legally in the United States. UWBA will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in the manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for a job, please let us know. If the reason you need an accommodation is not obvious, we may ask for documentation confirming your functional limitations.