United Way of Greater Houston’s Social & Digital Marketing Coordinator is a well-rounded individual who fills a key role on the Brand Team. The Coordinator primarily manages the strategy, creation, posting, interaction and monitoring of multiple social media channels, with the goal of educating the public on the work and impact of United Way and continually driving growth. The Coordinator exercises creativity through copywriting, some photography and videography on mobile to create captivating content, while also exercising analytical skills to evaluate social engagement and implement search engine optimization/search engine marketing (SEO/SEM) strategies. Additionally, the Coordinator assists with other Brand Team functions as needed, from facilitating copy translation to ensuring adherence to brand standards.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Social Media program management
- Creates, posts and monitors organic and paid content across social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube) in collaboration with Brand Manager(s) and Chief Brand Officer.
- Works regularly with individuals across United Way to develop and maintain editorial calendar for various channels and audiences.
- Regularly crafts and posts on all social channels, including writing and some video and graphics production.
- Constantly monitors social interaction and responds as needed within a reasonable timeframe including evenings and weekends.
- Researches and tags key handles, hashtags and influencers.
- Stays informed of industry and market trends and makes recommendations to increase engagement with United Way social media.
- Tracks social engagement and other relevant metrics; collaborates with Brand Team to analyze social, web, advertising and earned media metrics; gleans key findings to improve strategy and tactics.
- Creates social personas for each channel to guide creation of content that resonates with target audience.
- Encourages and educates staff and close constituent groups about engaging with United Way social media.
Participation in United Way activities
- Attends events and participates in special initiatives in order to craft intelligent social content, some of which may occasionally require evening/weekend time.
- Works closely with in-house photographer/videographer to coordinate “coverage” of events; captures photos and video using personal mobile device or United Way equipment as needed.
- Assists with daily news report, media tracking and other media/internal communications efforts as needed.
- Provides assistance as needed with copywriting, editing, proofreading and content creation.
- Facilitates translation of copy from English to Spanish for use in collateral pieces and other marketing platforms.
- Helps to monitor use of United Way brand by outside organizations and assists in facilitating periodic Brand Compliance Study.
- Works on other special projects and organizational activities as directed by Brand Manager(s) and Chief Brand Officer.
Search-based organic and paid digital marketing activities
- Works with Brand Manager(s) to develop and implement SEO strategies, working toward organic search optimization. Performs thorough keywords research.
- As budget allows, begins to develop and implement SEM strategies that maximize ROI, potentially including but not limited to pay-per-click (PPC), remarketing, social advertising campaigns.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.