TITLE: Service Members, Veterans and Families, Grant Manager
DEPARTMENT: Community Services
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Senior Vice President, Community Services EXEMPTION STATUS: Exempt
DATE POSTED: 6-24-2020 -EXPIRES: 7-08-2020
JOB LOCATION: San Antonio SALARY RANGE $50,000-$55,000
United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County is dedicated to improving people’s lives by helping individuals and creating community-level change. Our work includes leading cross-sector collaborations, advocating for public policy changes, and investing in programs and initiatives that help those in need and prevent problems from happening in the first place. Improving quality of life and advancing the greater good involves focusing in four Impact areas: 1) preparing children for kindergarten 2) encouraging students to graduate and reach their full potential 3) helping individuals and families become self-sufficient, and 4) providing a safety net of services for those in crisis.
Primary responsibility for the full implementation of the Services to Military and Veterans Families (SMFV) grant from the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services, Prevention and Early Intervention Division.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
1. Manage and provide staff support to the SMFV grant to fulfill United Way’s responsibilities. These responsibilities include: outcomes planning and evaluation; target setting, performance evaluation, budgeting; reporting; annual renewals, and fiscal and program monitoring.
2. Manage subcontracts assigned to the SMFV grant. These responsibilities include monthly subcontractor meetings, securing and executing professional development opportunities, monthly/quarterly/annual reporting, management of data entry, annual monitoring, and subcontractor budgets.
3. Conduct aggressive outreach initiatives and participate in events that will generate community awareness of program initiative. Build and identify opportunities and networks of opportunities – among and between SMVF, MISSION UNITED, United Way’s other DFPS grants, and Impact Council efforts in the community. Recommend strategic opportunities to accomplish plans.
4. Act as a community liaison for Bexar county school districts, Joint Base San Antonio, and United Way partners for the SMFV grant.
5. Work directly with United Way’s MISSION UNITED Military Navigators.
6. Be trained and cleared into the DFPS PEIRS system to conduct data entry and oversight
7. Grant Management: Research and participate in grant and other funding opportunities as needed, including finding funding opportunities, applying for grants, and securing funding.
8. Work with data entry associate and MISSION UNITED Navigator to ensure that data collection and analysis mechanisms function to enable assessment of community strengths and vulnerabilities and enable the ability to track progress in achieving desired results.
9. Monitor contracts and agreements, maintain records and prepare reports.
10. Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent is required.
• Employer-subsidized healthcare plan with employer-funded HRA offered.
• Group dental, vision, life insurance and other insurance products available.
• Paid holidays, personal and sick leave time.
• 403(b) retirement plan with employer matching available.
• Normal office environment with little exposure to dust, noise and extreme temperatures.
• Reliable personal transportation required.
• Ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
• Extended viewing of computer monitor.
• Monday-Friday, 8:15 am to 4:45 pm work week with occasional evening and weekend hours.
EXPERIENCE/SPECIAL SKILLS / INFORMATION
• Three to five years related work experience preferred.
• Preferred: Military background or military spouse; with unescorted access to military installation
• Good interpersonal skills, independent judgment and strong problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to organize work, work independently and manage complex work programs involving staff and volunteers at all levels.
• Strong oral and written skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft office Suite.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. The contents of this job description may change as deemed necessary by United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County.
To submit your application visit http://bit.ly/uwsajobs.
• Applications WILL NOT be accepted via email.
• Contact email@example.com should you experience problems submitting your application.
United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County | 700 South Alamo St., San Antonio TX, 78205 | www.unitedwaysatx.org