Has overall responsibility for developing the top level strategy for and executing day to day operations of United Way Worldwide’s (UWW) Information Technology (IT) Department. Is responsible for the efficient operation of the UWW information technology services team and ensuring effective internal business continuity of information technology operations on a daily basis.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF POSITION: An individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below at a satisfactory level:
- Lead the strategic plans and business objectives of UWW from a technology, information infrastructure, and architecture perspective.
- Develop and implement collaborative planning processes and coordinate technology and information resources planning in conjunction with the executive leadership team.
- Work with organizational leadership to identify and drive technology solutions and innovations to deliver efficiencies in UWW operations.
- Oversee the development and execution of IT Department plans and projects to support UWW’s strategic goals.
- Oversee administration of the CRM system, key business applications, and 20+ distinct applications on many United Way and United Way Worldwide external websites consistent with brand strategy and vision of organization
- Provide an accessible, secure, and highly available network environment and services to local and remote UWW users.
- Be a thought leader and champion best practices in IT governance, security, and operational excellence across the United Way network. In partnership with senior leaders at UWW, craft and maintain comprehensive policies, procedures, and standards to address areas of IT risk management, cybersecurity, privacy, incident management, and general IT governance.
- Represent the IT Department in matters of data governance and contribute to UWW’s enterprise data strategy.
- Oversee the transition of UWW’s remaining on premises infrastructure to cloud native solutions.
- Assist in the development of and champion federated data management practices across the United Way network to facilitate the curation of data products that reflect combined network efforts to improve local communities and support UWW strategic goals.
- Partner with the Marketing, Development, Talent Management and People Strategies departments in developing a level of data sophistication capability through predictive/prescriptive analytics, visualizations, and KPI driven dashboards that builds United Way’s business intelligence, capacity to grow and discipline across the organization and network.
- Develop IT department annual budgets and administer funds according to budget approval.
- Recruit, develop and retain top IT talent to insure organizational readiness.
- Other duties as assigned.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Minimum requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree with at least five years of expert-level experience in a similar role
- Minimum of five years of previous people management experience and five to ten years in a leadership role.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Other duties as assigned
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities and skills. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable disabled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
Note: If selected for interview, you will be contacted. Thank you.
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE
United Way Worldwide seeks diverse, qualified professionals who want to make a difference in the world. If you are passionate about your work and desire to help others achieve enhanced education, income, and health, United Way Worldwide is the place for you.
United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, veteran status, marital status, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, and other legally protected characteristics, in accordance with applicable laws. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please e-mail Jennifer.email@example.com and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni to apply.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA. We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including: health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability, employee assistance program, 403(b) plan, tuition assistance, paid time off, family sick leave, medical appointment leave, parental/adoption leave, dress for your day, free parking, onsite gym, monthly volunteering opportunities, and more.
UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE’S DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION STATEMENT OF PRINCIPLE
We take the broadest possible view of diversity.
We value the visible and invisible qualities that make you who you are.
We welcome that every person brings a unique perspective and experience to advance our mission and progress our fight for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community.
We believe that each United Way community member, donor, volunteer, advocate, and employee must have equal access to solving community problems.
We strive to include diversity, equity, and inclusion practices at the center of our daily work.
We commit to using these practices for our business and our communities.
Join us in embracing diversity, equity and inclusion for every person in every community.