Senior Vice President of Philanthropy
The Senior Vice President of Philanthropy works with the CEO to develop and execute a comprehensive sustainable fundraising program that offers a range of philanthropic opportunities that align with individual, corporate, and foundation interests. The Senior Vice President utilizes data and planning to cultivate existing donors and acquire new donors to raise the resources needed for the United Way of Palm Beach County (UWPBC) mission.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Lead innovation and data-driven giving solutions, positioning UWPBC as a visionary market leader with donors, philanthropic organizations, and the community.
- Create, facilitate, and regularly monitor the performance of a fund development plan that specifies goals and objectives using moves management; cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies for annual, major, and planned giving; foundation and corporate grants; timelines; action items and assignments.
- Drive new growth opportunities. Identify, prioritize, develop, and launch new products, services, and business models that elevate the donor and volunteer experience.
- Create, integrate, and adapt technological platforms and strategies to improve the donor experience.
- Build mission-centric relationships with philanthropists, successfully soliciting leadership gifts and creating data-driven strategies that inspire and engage donors.
- Guide, coach, and counsel the CEO and others in managing his/her/their portfolio of donors to ensure personalized cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies are in place, managed, and implemented.
- Engage and facilitate the Board of Directors' participation in fund development.
- Ensure donor segmentation models inform fundraising plans, prospective donors and partners are measured against those models, and efforts prioritize achieving a well-balanced donor portfolio and roadmap.
- Ability to inspire high net-worth individuals to support UWPBC and create an aligned investment opportunity.
- Ability to understand and contribute to the product development process, assess donor's interests, and accurately convey them to a cross-functional team.
- Provide strategic leadership for volunteer committees.
- Hire, train, supervise, and coach team members and volunteers to ensure program goals are achieved and to provide outstanding internal and external customer service.
- Lead department budgeting and forecasting and effectively manages resources.
- Ensure consistent application of operating procedures, policies, and processes, including timely completion and approval of organizational documents and processes.
- Embody and consistently reinforce UWPBC Values.
- Develop, refine, and facilitate process improvements, increases efficiencies, and achieves goals and objectives.
- Assist, as assigned by management, with the organization's disaster response efforts.
- Perform other duties as opportunities are presented and assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Minimum of fifteen years of leadership experience in fundraising, including major giving and corporate relations/giving.
- Bachelor's Degree required. Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE) preferred.
- Previous experience with non-profit fundraising is preferred.
- Significant knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite software.
- Proven ability to cultivate, solicit, and steward major and institutional donors at six and seven-figure levels.
- The ability to inspire high net-worth individuals and major foundations to financial leadership.
- Demonstrated ability and experience building on an existing development program, including institutional and individual philanthropy.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication, proposal and presentation, organizational, and time management skills.
- Must be flexible to changes, able to work independently, and have strong problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to establish strong working relationships with multiple constituents, including high-level volunteers and Board members.
- Ability to motivate a committed team of development professionals to achieve measurable outcomes.
- Ability to work some evening and weekend hours.
- Ability to work and drive extensively in the Palm Beach County region.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Required degree level
Years of experience
- More than 10 years of experience
- $181,000 to $200,000 per year